Was in desperate need of packing supplies

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And this is what I ended up buying. It was $30 should last a long time. I normally order off-line but I couldn't beat this price anywhere else. When I got a quote last week they said $50! But I was very happy with 30.

image-4028279179.jpg

Now I just need to find a way to keep her from trying to play in it!

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do yourself a favor and hange that bag from the ceiling if you can, that is a dissaster waiting to happen.

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow a kid and giant bag for 30 bucks? Where I can I get one? haha. Awesome buy, I just use memory foam that's supposed to go under a mattress lol.

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
Very nice, I always reuse the peanuts I get when I get them in a package. The run out fast and always wish I had more. Where did you get them and how much does that bag weigh?

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Normally I use newspaper but I had a whole bunch of small globes and I would've use the whole store supply of newspaper for them. But it was at the UPS packing send of all places. Normally they charge nine dollars for just a box! I told the lady that when I bought it if it broke open in the parking lot I was leaving it. LOL she didn't look too please on her face!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice, I always reuse the peanuts I get when I get them in a package. The run out fast and always wish I had more. Where did you get them and how much does that bag weigh?

yea...Luckily I buy so much crap from Ebay...Im overwehlmed with packing supplies..lol

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
Other than buying boxes in bulk once in a while, I have yet to pay for packing materials. I scavenge boxes, bubble wrap, foam peanuts, and styrofoam chunks from business discards (a form of dumpster diving, I suppose, although I never actually get IN a dumpster) and personal trash left for the city to pick up. I keep all Christmas wrapping paper and newspapers as well as boxes (and associated packing material) people send to us. I also bought a paper shredder for $5 at a yard sale. I shred old bills and other papers which then makes fantastic packing material.

By the way, your little girl is adorable, beachkid. I miss the days when my two girls were little.

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like just the right amount of peanuts to pack and ship that little kid in, all you need now is a box to hold both of them.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you are the seller who drives me crazy with that stuff! :)

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you are the seller who drives me crazy with that stuff! :)

Yep that's me. However it is antistatic because that static stuff is horrible. I had a bag Break in my garage and had one hell of a time cleaning it up. Horrible the static stuff is

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn! You are not looking in the right dumpsters Beachkid, don't buy that stuff when you can get it for free! Mind you I have not gone out & looked for packing supplies in a couple years now but when I did it was nothing to find large boxes half full of packing peanuts in business dumpsters. Not to mention boxes to use, bubble wrap & so on. When I was dumpster diving for that stuff I could get a months supply in an hour trip.

Also the paper shredder thing Tallone mentioned is a great way to make your own filler! I have 2 paper shredders & can make a lot of good filler in a short time with otherwise unusable paper including junk mail. The auction I go to has more packing supplies thrown away every week than you would believe. I leave with a large box full of bubble wrap that I salvage in about 10 mins along with several smaller boxes that are perfect for shipping smaller items in. This place also furnishes larger boxes & large sheets of packing paper, some people even return this paper (in trash bags) for others to reuse the next week.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread