diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a S&W box and a Colt magazine I found last year. The box got around $70, but the mag went for $280.00. Paid $10 for the box and contents, plus the rest of the stuff in this thread. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/garage-sale-finds/322390-i-found-box-clip-but-no-gun.html I ended up selling the FBI lucite display for $300 to a former agent -

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:

Grundestoun

Dec 16, 2010
Idaho
Detector(s) used
coinmaster 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just saw the final price on your auction. WOW! Congratulations on a great auction!

OP
OP
NJ Marty

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
Here's a S&W box and a Colt magazine I found last year. The box got around $70, but the mag went for $280.00. Paid $10 for the box and contents, plus the rest of the stuff in this thread. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/garage-sale-finds/322390-i-found-box-clip-but-no-gun.html I ended up selling the FBI lucite display for $300 to a former agent -
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
Those are some awesome finds, Everything in fantastic shape. You did beyond great on that buy. Did you know what you had when you bought it or found out later?

OP
OP
NJ Marty

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Just saw the final price on your auction. WOW! Congratulations on a great auction!
Thanks. I am amazed it went for so much. It was at around $175 with 15 seconds left then Holy Sh/**t. Im still giddy, what a huge score.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I am amazed it went for so much. It was at around $175 with 15 seconds left then Holy Sh/**t. Im still giddy, what a huge score.
Nice! They more than tripled that. Looks like they got into a bidding war.

Those are some awesome finds, Everything in fantastic shape. You did beyond great on that buy. Did you know what you had when you bought it or found out later?
Thanks. I'd like to say I knew the full value when I found the stuff but I didn't. I knew it was worth "something", but that's about it. I love surprises.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What was the winning bid?
At $175 with 15 seconds to go I know it was good..... WOW! Congrats!

OP
OP
NJ Marty

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Nice score! Good for you!

Thanks. This is my best low dollar buy and then sell for a nice profit. The guy paid so fast. He really wants it quick.

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the looks of the final sale and the 175 with 15 seconds to go The 175 guy more than likely had a top bid of 550 the other guy jumped him and just bid 565 You should really look at the bid history on the auction its always interesting

OP
OP
NJ Marty

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
From the looks of the final sale and the 175 with 15 seconds to go The 175 guy more than likely had a top bid of 550 the other guy jumped him and just bid 565 You should really look at the bid history on the auction its always interesting

I love looking at bid history. The $175 bidder didn't bid again. With 15 seconds left there were 5 bids all different people. Ill bet the final bidder had a bid of $1000 or more, he got what he wanted.

5. $261

4. $326

3. $498
2. $555
1. $565

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting