A couple huge scores, watch out for these!

Kevo_DFX

Sep 5, 2008
Greensburg, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX
Went to an estate auction that was loaded with antique tools. I had no chance of winning the Stanley planers, etc, so I decided to focus on some less enticing items for tool collectors. In total I spent about 53 bucks at the auction, including some stuff I bought for myself. I spent a total of $11.77 for the two lots in this post including buyers premium and taxes.

The first lot were vintage unworn welders pants and a jacket. Total of 5 pairs of pants, 3 of them were salt and pepper and two of them were this ugly seafoam green color.

View attachment pants.bmp

The five pairs of pants and the jacket sold for a total of $940

Next I bought a lot of vintage Welder goggle lens glasses. You chould check these out, some of them go for around $600 each. I did not have any of those, but 11 of the lot sold for varying amounts, for a total of $447.96.

View attachment glass.bmp

So, $1387.96 in sales from an $11.37 investment, and my total profits realized after ebay, paypal, shipping, acquisition, etc is $1158.81. Not too shabby for 2 hours of work!

Thanks for looking!
Kevo

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!....:hello2: I remember those packs of Lincoln glass lenses back in welding class in FFA... Wonder what's up with the high dollar prices?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kevo_DFX

Kevo_DFX

Sep 5, 2008
Greensburg, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX
I don't know. I think it may have something to do with the steampunk thing, but who knows!? I like that these things are so easy to ship and are worth some nice money.

vwayne1

Jan 14, 2005
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
That's weird. I looked up this brand on eBay and couldn't find any. I must be doing something wrong.

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Growing up in the late 50's and early 60's quite a few men in the neighborhood worked at the Philadelphia Ship Yard. They all wore them welders outfits and at a party etc it was always strange to see them in street clothes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread