Need help with marbles

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Bought this group of marbles at a downsizing sale. Older gentleman that was moved to an assisted living facility by family. His kids are in their 60's so I think these are at least 40-50 years old. Don't now anything about marbles & am looking for help with type & value. First pic is of larger marbles, other 2 are of normal size ones. 001.JPG 002.JPG 004.JPG

Atlanta Mi Dave

Feb 19, 2009
Atlanta, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark and Tesoro Cibola Minelab 505, Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
55 /60 years ago I probably could have named most of these marbles, brain cells are not working so good anymore. 5 hole poison potsy was our favorite marble game.My wife sold a jar of marbles about 2 weeks ago, which she paid a dollar for and sold for $7.99. I really like the blue and white ceramic looking ones.

dollydazed

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
most look like 50's - 70,s Christensen, agate, peltier are the the most wanted most worth under a dollar. you could have a few nice ones. 1 inch and bigger
are worth more and have more demand. go to ebay for priceing

deodra

Mar 13, 2014
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
They were stolen
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should have never sold my dang marbles. I used to have a few huge containers full of those things. Most were inherited from my mom and her dad. Darn. I think I gave them away, if I'm not mistaken.

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
I see a whole lot of vitros and some alleys. Decent common older marbles from about the 1940's and up to the 60s or 70s.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread