Post your $1 (or less) Finds Here w/ Sold For Prices

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bad habit of mine. By a bunch, sell a few pieces, make a small profit, put the rest on the back burner.

I do the exact same thing. Sell a couple items out of the things I buy each weekend and store the rest away for a rainy day. I sell to recoup my spending then all of the rest I look at it as free money sitting around.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a near perfect condition Gene Vincent - Blue Jean Bop vinyl album for $0.25 and sold it a few days later for $100 cash. Can't complain any.
Nice find on the record. Rockabilly is a good seller.
I do the exact same thing. Sell a couple items out of the things I buy each weekend and store the rest away for a rainy day. I sell to recoup my spending then all of the rest I look at it as free money sitting around.
Yeah, except when the "free money" starts to cost you in storage fees. Then it's not free anymore. I still need a storage unit for my business, but it's quite full to say the least. Anymore stuff and i'll be needing another one... again.

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
I have sold a few tarot decks, nothing big maybe $20 free shipping. Ouija boards are like gold though. They never take me long to move them.

Ursus

Apr 3, 2009
Ohio
I was trying to go through my storage of unlisted items when I ran across an Intel Core 2 chip. I bought it for a quarter. The box had been opened but the chip/heat sink/fan looked new. Checked it out this afternoon and the processor had never been installed. Since it was a new but opened chip, I priced above the used but 10 bucks or so below the sealed. .25 got me 28.99. I made money and the buyer got a great deal. Everybody happy.

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bump!

Picked this Cmielow Tiger that recently sold for $157http://www.ebay.com/itm/261573801722?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big cat statues are typically pretty tacky and modern is also not really my thing. However, that piece is very nice and unusual. Nice find!

AwakenYouthful

Aug 31, 2014
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouija boards are like gold though. They never take me long to move them.

I picked this one up for a $1 this weekend. Seems they are selling between $20-$60+ ... Not sure the date of the board. 60s?

photo.JPG

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked this one up for a $1 this weekend. Seems they are selling between $20-$60+ ... Not sure the date of the board. 60s?

There isn't a copyright date on the box?

AwakenYouthful

Aug 31, 2014
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There should be a number on the box. And don't worry about the destroyed box, I have sold many that were destroyed, just make sure the pointer and board are in good condition.

Hmm, the only number mark I can find on the box is on the side panel and it is NO.600. This was actually the first find of the day for the weekend and this was my first weekend I officially went out searching sales. Completely new to this :)

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
Hmm, the only number mark I can find on the box is on the side panel and it is NO.600. This was actually the first find of the day for the weekend and this was my first weekend I officially went out searching sales. Completely new to this :)

Ya I think most boxes are marked 600 or 601. I don't think it is that big of a deal though.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oops, I paid 2$
for it, my apologies...
I'll let it slide this time, just don't let it happen again! lol :laughing7: That was a cool looking cat for sure.

View attachment 1046372

Your Ouija board dates between 1962 and early 1966 as evidenced by the “William Fuld Inc., Salem, Massachusetts" markings on the box and board. Before that I believe they were marked Baltimore, Md. This was the last board to be manufactured by William Fuld Inc. Parker Bros. took over inn Feb. 1966.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found 2 of these ashtrays for a dollar (.50 each). They sold for a combined total of $49.50 plus $4.95 each for shipping. Started the bidding at $9.99.

DSC08627.jpg

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
best ever single buy-then-sell on Ebay.

Bought a Coin Silver Marrow Scoop (a long narrow spoon) made in the 1790's by Baltimore Silversmith Standish Barry for $70 from someone in Kansas who thought it was an ear wax remover.

Sold it on Ebay the next week for $4700.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
best ever single buy-then-sell on Ebay.

Bought a Coin Silver Marrow Scoop (a long narrow spoon) made in the 1790's by Baltimore Silversmith Standish Barry for $70 from someone in Kansas who thought it was an ear wax remover.

Sold it on Ebay the next week for $4700.
Nice score but this thread is for items you paid $1 or less for.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread