Post your $1 (or less) Finds Here w/ Sold For Prices

AwakenYouthful

Aug 31, 2014
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a new thrift store in the town near me today. It is massive, down in the entire basement of a large church building.

Near the back where they bring everything new in was a ps1. Nothing too phenomenal, but I have been looking for one to test (and play :D ) some ps titles i picked up for resale.

Anyway, because it was unmarked and I told the lady I wasnt sure it worked...AND because I dont think she had any idea what it was, I walked out with it for a $1.

Came with a controller too. It works and I am happy.

AwakenYouthful

Aug 31, 2014
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh ya, and i almost forgot. On saturday I found a PSP 1000 black for $1 and including a nice case.

I have a hard time understanding peoples logic when pricing things for garage sales. It was on the $1 table, along with all the psp games. So i bought the psp for a $1 and then had to pay an additional dollar for each game. Strange. But i bulked the games together and shaved a few bucks off the lot.

So in the end i got the psp, 2 cases, some game holders, and about 15 games & movies for $10.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up this box of 10 vintage Maxell UDS-II 90 Minute Blank Cassette Tapes, all sealed in the box for $1.00 total at a privately run estate sale, and I listed it for $99.95 BIN on the Bay, with free shipping. I had multiple watchers in a matter of hours, and it sold within a couple of days. Resources such as this forum and even Youtube have been invaluable in my success at flipping finds for profit. In this instance, I remembered viewing an online video listing often overlooked items to seek out at estate sales, and the video said that obsolete NOS blank media such as cassette tapes and even VHS tapes can bring quite a profit. Oddly enough, the host of the video said that most of the obsolete media he sells goes to Russia...well, mine went to New Hampshire...but to a Russian buyer. Just what are those Eastern Bloc fellas up to? :)
View attachment 1065941
Thanks for sharing this. I knew about the type IV cassettes but not the type II's.

Oh ya, and i almost forgot. On saturday I found a PSP 1000 black for $1 and including a nice case.

I have a hard time understanding peoples logic when pricing things for garage sales. It was on the $1 table, along with all the psp games. So i bought the psp for a $1 and then had to pay an additional dollar for each game. Strange. But i bulked the games together and shaved a few bucks off the lot.

So in the end i got the psp, 2 cases, some game holders, and about 15 games & movies for $10.
I don't think logic plays a big role at too many sales, which can be a good thing most of the time. The PSP and extras was a great score. I have 2 of them that I need to get rid of. I paid $1 for one in a case with a game in it but no charger which I've already replaced and $20 for another with 2 cases and accessories and about 12 games in their own cases. Had them for a couple months but haven't listed them yet.

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Along with the hats I posted in another thread, I picked up these two mugs at the local Goodwill. I paid .49 cents for the Disney Cruise mug and and .99 cents for the Starbucks Christmas mug, and should be able to sell each for $10 to $20. I also saw a Carnival Cruise mug that I didn't buy that has sold on eBay for $10 to $15, so I'll be going back for that one tomorrow.

Attachments

• Dis 1.jpg
    Dis 1.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 144
  • Star 1.jpg
    Star 1.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 151
  • Star 3.jpg
    Star 3.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 161

Eagle101

Jul 22, 2012
New England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Gold,
Garrett AT Pro. Makro racer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Picked this game up at the Salvation Army. It was in the VHS tape section so I paid .99 cents for it. Its a 1984 Apple II game brand new sealed in mint condition. I couldn't find anything on the game(which is a good thing). I listed it at auction on ebay starting bid of $250. That doesn't mean I'm going to get that. But I don't want to be the guy who sells a rare game for $100 when it's worth a fortune.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20141025_070849.png
    ForumRunner_20141025_070849.png
    201.7 KB · Views: 165
  • ForumRunner_20141025_070900.png
    ForumRunner_20141025_070900.png
    173.6 KB · Views: 175

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the "Quarter Box"

After a "run-in" with the 24hr bug this past week, I only went to two sales on Friday... But things were better this morning; it was a joy to get out today!

In an upscale neighborhood, there was a 12"x12"-4" deep box filled with costume jewelry.

The box said "All Items 25-cent Each".

Found Two Fossil watches, and then a .925 necklace and pendant

Bill

Attachments

• 023.JPG
    023.JPG
    632.3 KB · Views: 156
  • 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    667.6 KB · Views: 169
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    973.4 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:

bigdaddywittenauer

Oct 22, 2013
I bought this locket for .50 this past weekend at the ReStore. I'm thinking the metal is silver toned but the mother of pearl on it has beautiful orient to it. Sorry but for some reason I can't attach the picture.

Last edited:
OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sold this WW2 B-24 Yoke cap recently for $99.99 w/free shipping. It was a $1 find. The condition was pretty bad, hence the low price. It had some heat damage and missing paint plus plenty of scratches. Had a couple dozen watchers but only 1 bid in the last seconds. I'm happy with it.

attachment.php

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked this game up at the Salvation Army. It was in the VHS tape section so I paid .99 cents for it. Its a 1984 Apple II game brand new sealed in mint condition. I couldn't find anything on the game(which is a good thing). I listed it at auction on ebay starting bid of $250. That doesn't mean I'm going to get that. But I don't want to be the guy who sells a rare game for $100 when it's worth a fortune.

That's a good play. I have no doubt that a sealed copy of Ankh is extremely rare, but the question is, is it desirable? Going to watch that auction for sure.

gino22

Nov 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This seems to be the personal website of the game's creator. He claims to have lost all copies of the game. Might want to contact him:

http://dvb.omino.com/dvb/software/ankh/

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This seems to be the personal website of the game's creator. He claims to have lost all copies of the game. Might want to contact him:

Ankh: 64 Rooms (An Adventure in the Metaral World)
Good research Gino. I'd contact that guy immediately. Let us know how much it sells for when it does sell Eagle.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this Murano Glass cat at a retirement home yard sale in my hometown, Paid $1, sold for $54.99! Packed it extremely meticulously, so hopefully it makes the Journey from Baltimore to Washington state ok!

20140903_Mbowman_421.jpg 20140903_Mbowman_422.jpg

Eagle101

Jul 22, 2012
New England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good research Gino. I'd contact that guy immediately. Let us know how much it sells for when it does sell Eagle.

Thanks for the research guys. I'm contacting him now. Wish me luck and I'll let everyone know how I do.

Eagle101

Jul 22, 2012
New England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't find out how to contact the developer of the game.

But I found out the game is a rare 8 so I think I'm right on the money at $250. It might take a little bit to sell but with x-mas coming up... I only paid 99 cents so I can sit on it!

Eagle101

Jul 22, 2012
New England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Diggumup I can't thank you enough for all your help. If your ever in New England I owe you a beer!!!

AwakenYouthful

Aug 31, 2014
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked one of these up in fine condition at a rummage sale this weekend for $.50
risk 40th collectors edition | eBay

And I found a battle masters board game for $.50, near complete

battle masters board game | eBay

Sold the risk game last night for $130+ with free shipping. I had it sitting at $95 for awhile and then dropped it to $90 then $85. A few people bid it up from $85 to 130. Funny how that works. If they would have stopped by earlier, thy could have had the game for $40 cheaper!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread