diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This Ben Cooper jiggler was .25. When I bought him, a local picker laughed at me. Sold him for $25.99-

DSC03775.JPG

He who laughs last, laughs best.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This Ben Cooper jiggler was .25. When I bought him, a local picker laughed at me. Sold him for $25.99-

It is items like this that show knowledge is your most valuable commodity. I wouldn't have looked at it twice.

Last edited:

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paid $1. The lady said it was real sterling silver. But since it was so dirty in the time it would take the polish it she would except a dollar for it. Two seconds in the silver cleaner and three days later it sold for $20 bucks!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1449950138.550960.jpg

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought this at an estate sale for .50 cents. They had a bunch of jewelry items in a big plastic tub wwith drawers and said everything was .50 cents each. I figured it was all junk, especially since this was an hour into the sale when I found it. Started looking through the drawers and was amazed at what I pulled out. Got several sterling silver necklaces, ss rings and in one of the drawers was a bunch of watches. There were 4 pocket watches and I grabbed them all. Three were new junk but for .50 cents I snagged them. I was amazed when I grabbed this one as it was very heavy and just looked old. I love old pocket watches but don't know much about them. It was not running and was wound up. It wasn't until later that day I screwed the back off of it and saw it was a 21 jewel movement and thought it might be better than I thought. I touched the gears and it started running great. I still didn't know how valuable it was until I researched it and found that they sell for around $300! I plan on keeping it and eventually pass down to a future grandkid.

Elgin Veritas 21J -

P1010174.JPG
P1010175.JPG
P1010173.JPG

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought this at an estate sale for .50 cents. They had a bunch of jewelry items in a big plastic tub wwith drawers and said everything was .50 cents each. I figured it was all junk, especially since this was an hour into the sale when I found it. Started looking through the drawers and was amazed at what I pulled out. Got several sterling silver necklaces, ss rings and in one of the drawers was a bunch of watches. There were 4 pocket watches and I grabbed them all. Three were new junk but for .50 cents I snagged them. I was amazed when I grabbed this one as it was very heavy and just looked old. I love old pocket watches but don't know much about them. It was not running and was wound up. It wasn't until later that day I screwed the back off of it and saw it was a 21 jewel movement and thought it might be better than I thought. I touched the gears and it started running great. I still didn't know how valuable it was until I researched it and found that they sell for around $300! I plan on keeping it and eventually pass down to a future grandkid.

Elgin Veritas 21J -

View attachment 1246287
View attachment 1246288
View attachment 1246289

From what I see about $200 to &300 maybe more depending on the exact details on the watch is it gold filled or gold

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009

Elgin Veritas 21J -
I'll say it so diggummup doesn't have to. Nice watch & great score but this thread is for items that have actually SOLD.

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these old Union Made "Kromer Klean Kloth Kap" welder's caps/railroad hats in a FREE box at an estate sale. 3 of them sold for $10.99 each and one sold for $8. Not a huge profit($40.97) but still pretty good for freebies, huh?!
IMG_2285 (1280x853).jpg welder's caps.jpg

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple recent tie scores, all for .99 at the local thrift. Vineyard Vines golf tie, sold for $50, Givenchy Tie, sold for $20. Not too bad for $1.98 invested!

ebay2027.jpg ebay2020.jpg

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got some gold filled sports equipment. This little basketballs all personalized. Dated 1958, 1960. One is Sterling. Paid $.25 for each of them and sold them all for $40. Within 20 mins of being listed.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451345667.377811.jpg

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Two weeks ago, I was killing time at a thrift store, and stumbled across a 60's record album. It was unusual, and I haven't seen one before. It was sitting between 6 Jan and Dean albums.

I got home, and looked it up, thinking it was another junk album. Turns out it was not a junk album, and I needed to research it some before listing it.

I emailed an old friend from college to ask about it, since he is into weird music and knows records. Turns out it was one of his holy grails. He about flipped out when I sent pics of the cover and the vinyl, as well as video of it playing.

The vinyl was remarkably clean.

He sent me $100 for it. I paid for shipping, which cost me $17 in a nearly crush-proof box. I think I could have gotten a bit more for it on ebay, but it was also a simple sale with no fees and no bull from a buyer.

I paid about 30 cents for the album...and while I like vinyl, I am not a record guy!

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two weeks ago, I was killing time at a thrift store, and stumbled across a 60's record album. It was unusual, and I haven't seen one before. It was sitting between 6 Jan and Dean albums.

I got home, and looked it up, thinking it was another junk album. Turns out it was not a junk album, and I needed to research it some before listing it.

I emailed an old friend from college to ask about it, since he is into weird music and knows records. Turns out it was one of his holy grails. He about flipped out when I sent pics of the cover and the vinyl, as well as video of it playing.

The vinyl was remarkably clean.

He sent me $100 for it. I paid for shipping, which cost me $17 in a nearly crush-proof box. I think I could have gotten a bit more for it on ebay, but it was also a simple sale with no fees and no bull from a buyer.

I paid about 30 cents for the album...and while I like vinyl, I am not a record guy!
What record was it? You never mentioned that part.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love going to the flea market but lately it seems like it's Nickel & dime for anything worthwhile. There are so many vendors and so many people looking for good things that going down there is really just a waste of time. A couple weeks ago though I did find these silver coin's made in the cufflinks. The vendor wanted $2 but I asked if she would take a dollar for them. Just sold for $26. I believe there from Portugal they're about the size of a nickel.

My daughter's birthday is this month and the local college she wants to go to and play basketball. So this is a good money maker for buying her tickets for her birthday.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1452063360.745447.jpg

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love going to the flea market but lately it seems like it's Nickel & dime for anything worthwhile. There are so many vendors and so many people looking for good things that going down there is really just a waste of time. A couple weeks ago though I did find these silver coin's made in the cufflinks. The vendor wanted $2 but I asked if she would take a dollar for them. Just sold for $26. I believe there from Portugal they're about the size of a nickel.

My daughter's birthday is this month and the local college she wants to go to and play basketball. So this is a good money maker for buying her tickets for her birthday.

View attachment 1256799

Had i know you purchased them, i would of bought them from you!! I don't wear standard dress shirts and French cuff is all i have so cufflinks are required. Unique silver/gold vintage cufflinks is what i like, especially coins. I've made a few sets myself but am always on the lookout for something new. If you find anymore, let me know first.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had i know you purchased them, i would of bought them from you!! I don't wear standard dress shirts and French cuff is all i have so cufflinks are required. Unique silver/gold vintage cufflinks is what i like, especially coins. I've made a few sets myself but am always on the lookout for something new. If you find anymore, let me know first.

Ha, figures! I may have more, I have no idea. So much to go through, but not another set of the ship ones. I'll keep ya in mind.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions