Primary Interest:
Other

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Could someone put up some pictures of Hermes Ties... Especially the back side (with the makers marks). I go to a lot of estate sales in Beverly Hills and if I am going to find them ANYWHERE, that's the place. Right?

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could someone put up some pictures of Hermes Ties... Especially the back side (with the makers marks). I go to a lot of estate sales in Beverly Hills and if I am going to find them ANYWHERE, that's the place. Right?
Zegna ties are worth watching for too (top right 1st photo).

Hermes-ties-11.jpg

hermes-tie-break-app-3023.jpg

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, Zegna is on my list too. The first thing I did before even looking at a tie was to check ebay's sold for prices and make a list to stick to. Amazing how many ties have fancy sounding italian designer names.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up this Microsoft Flight Simulator software at a local thrift store for .99 cents. Included all three DVD in excellent condition and all the booklets and product keys. Sold for $43.06. Some flight simulator software sells more much more , and I probably could have gone BIN and waited out a higher price, but I'm all about the quick flip, so I started it low and am happy with the result.
Thanks for this post. I found this same gold edition a couple weeks ago, brand new sealed. I never would have paid $4 for it if I hadn't remembered your post.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Its a start but they can be anywhere. They are fairly popular as gifts and may sound expensive but they are a somewhat affordable luxury at 100.00 each, or at least that's how much they were when i bought some. I only have a few but of all the ties i have, they are consistently my favorite and get the most compliments. The back tag will just be a large "H", "Hermes Paris" or horse/buggy with Hermes Paris beneath it.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Picked up a nice sealed Miles Davis cd box set a couple weeks ago for $1. Sold for $75 a couple days ago & going in the mail this morning.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a bunch of .50, .75 and 1.00 items this past weekend, including a YSL faux tortoiseshell belt that should do pretty well. I'll update after selling. Thanks for keeping this thread alive! I enjoy everyone's contributions. :icon_thumright:

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Picked up 2 fairly common Hard Rock Cafe T-shirts for 25 cents each a couple weeks ago. Sold them last Friday for $26 shipped.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a few of the $1 or less items I've sold recently. Nothing special but they are all small and were able to ship first class for under $3 w/tracking. Plus I priced them lower than previous completed sales, so these all sold with a BIN price in less than a week.

First is this Jiminy Cricket push button puppet toy. Paid .25 sold for $12.99 w/free ship.

DSC02935.JPG

Next is a deck of Chisholm Brothers Souvenir playing cards that date to 1911, paid $1.00 sold for $19.99 shipped-

DSC02950.JPG

A Virginia Metalcrafter's Brass Skeleton Key, paid $1 sold for 12.99 shipped

DSC02962.JPG

This little Estee Lauder perfume compact frog, paid .50 sold for $19.99 shipped-

DSC02988.JPG

I woke up just now to find that I sold this small bronze Collie dog ashtray that I paid $1 for. I could have listed this for more probably. I believe the buyer will be relisting it at a higher price. It looks like he prices his items to the moon and lets them sit, a "slow dime" kind of guy. Sold for $29.99 shipped-

DSC03102.JPG

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love this thread! I'm amazed every time!
After doing this for so long, to be honest I would rather have 1000 items between 10 and $50 then I would 10 listings at 1000 or more. It's so hard to sell the high dollar stuff anymore. All of my high dollar things sit forever with a ton of money wrapped up in them usually where all the smaller items sell rather quick. The smalls Really adds up!

Thank you for the awesome thread!

There's two then I had to sell this weekend. The bracelet is $.50 it sold for $180

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/181922886786

And the Shriners Masonic pin was three for a dollar the one just happen to be platinum diamond. It's sold for $55.

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/171989189540

Last edited:

Historyhound

Nov 2, 2006
Schenectady New York
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Been a loooooong time since my last post on this site. Last month I picked up this 1st edition of East of Eden in a box of books marked 50 cents each. Started bidding at $85 with a BIN of $125. Got the BIN price.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/East-of-Eden-True-1st-Edition-/121777955261?hash=item1c5a8821bd:g:znwAAOSw4HVWEIZQ

Attachments

• IMG_8958.JPG
    IMG_8958.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 173
  • IMG_8968.JPG
    IMG_8968.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 207
Last edited:
OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold the YSL belt that I mentioned in reply #491. It's funny because I had it listed at auction for a week and it didn't get any bids, although it did have 4 watchers. I relisted the morning after the auction ended with a BIN price the same as my auction price and it sold in less than a day. I paid $1 and it sold for $39.99 plus shipping.-

s-l1600.jpg

I just found a couple .50 vintage Rooster brand ties, also a Gieves & Hawkes tie exactly like this one- Gieves Hawkes Navy Blue Pebble Grain Birdseye Silk Tie w Red White Stripe | eBay
that I will post after they sell.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if this counts or not but went to a yard sale and this was a dollar. Nice sterling silver inlay bolo. I gave the lady a dollar and looked around at some other stuff That was there. Another lady came up and said I'm sorry about your loss and now you have to sell everything must be really hard to be in your position. I guess her husband passed away and she was selling off everything so she can move to another house because she couldn't afford the one she lived in anymore. So I asked for my $1 back and gave her $10.

So I guess it was a dollar at one point. But I just sold it for 40.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447776357.024411.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread