diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought 4 of these (brand new) a couple weeks ago for $1 each. I sold 2 of them already for $39.99 w/free ship.

$_57.JPG

Atlanta Mi Dave

Feb 19, 2009
Atlanta, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark and Tesoro Cibola Minelab 505, Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We bought 1 of these a couple years ago for our cabin. Without this hooked up we got 2 channels, with it hooked up we get 2 channels. But we live in rural northern Michigan.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I bought 4 of these (brand new) a couple weeks ago for $1 each. I sold 2 of them already for $39.99 w/free ship.

This one really surprises me. The cable company was giving these away for free for bit a few years back. I still see them at many yard sales I attend. Nice (surprising) score.

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just went to a garage sale and picked up a nintendo DS lite with no charger (already charged, works) and 6 games for $1. DS should sell around $20 and at least two of the games I see sell for about $13 shipped a piece.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Just went to a garage sale and picked up a nintendo DS lite with no charger (already charged, works) and 6 games for $1. DS should sell around $20 and at least two of the games I see sell for about $13 shipped a piece.

That was a great buy!

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it was. I passed up a DSi this weekend because she wouldn't negotiate the price. I kicked myself when I got home because I forgot to even ask her what games came with it.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one really surprises me. The cable company was giving these away for free for bit a few years back. I still see them at many yard sales I attend. Nice (surprising) score.
Yeah, your right they were free at one time. I've sold several in the past which is why I still buy them if I find them.

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it was. passed up a DSi this weekend because she wouldn't negotiate the price. I kicked myself when I got home because I forgot to even ask her what games came with it.

Probably came with a full set of Pokemon games and you were trying to get it for ten dollars less. :)

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something like that. She was overpriced on the DSi, but not if it had 10 games with it.

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel old.. just went to clean the DS and realized there was another game still in it - doh!

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up a Logitech Trackman model T-BB18 today for $.50

Not a huge score, but should be good for $35

Update: Cleared $23 after fees and shipping. Wouldn't you know it was just over the limit for First Class and it was a left coast buyer. I listed it low and sold within an hour. Probably could have gotten much more if I wanted to wait, but my house is starting to look like a hoarder's.

Last edited:

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Great neighborhood sale here last weekend. Not a house under a million dollars, and 50 sales in about a square mile. Best house was one I spent $125 two years ago. Sold most of the stuff for about $2000. This time $3 for 2 baseball items. $2 for an equipment bag for my son and this doohicky.

ForumRunner_20140502_194929.png

Retails for $400 and eBay for $225. Son needs hitting practice so I have to find a hitting net.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sold 2 nursing books for $27.99 each that I paid for $1 for the pair of them.

DSC07076.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sold for $18.00

I've never found any dollar items worth thousands like I see some have here, but the Dansk spoon I found for 99 cents did sell for an even $18.00 plus $3.59 to send this last weekend. I'd put up a link to show it, but for some weird reason my auction doesn't show up the completed and sold category yet. I've never gone out to see what I can only buy for just a dollar to sell. Heck this may be a smart method for those who are just starting out selling on ebay? You wouldn't be taking much of a risk on something worth allot and you can build up a good seller feed back starting with just items you buy with only a few bucks and then move in to the higher dollar items. This thread is a good one to keep in mind.

Attachments

• dansk ladle.JPG
    dansk ladle.JPG
    363.9 KB · Views: 255

rickv14623

Dec 24, 2012
upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up a Logitech Trackman model T-BB18 today for $.50

Not a huge score, but should be good for $35

Update: Cleared $23 after fees and shipping. Wouldn't you know it was just over the limit for First Class and it was a left coast buyer. I listed it low and sold within an hour. Probably could have gotten much more if I wanted to wait, but my house is starting to look like a hoarder's.

Nice, I like trackballs. I have one on my pc at work and it is almost like having passive security. People can't figure out how to use it!

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never found any dollar items worth thousands like I see some have here, but the Dansk spoon I found for 99 cents did sell for an even $18.00 plus $3.59 to send this last weekend. I'd put up a link to show it, but for some weird reason my auction doesn't show up the completed and sold category yet. I've never gone out to see what I can only buy for just a dollar to sell. Heck this may be a smart method for those who are just starting out selling on ebay? You wouldn't be taking much of a risk on something worth allot and you can build up a good seller feed back starting with just items you buy with only a few bucks and then move in to the higher dollar items. This thread is a good one to keep in mind.
I don't actually go looking for items to buy for a dollar but a lot of time when I ask "how much?" that is the response I get. So who's to argue with that, lol. I agree that for someone just starting out on ebay that low dollar items are the way to go especially until you have full access to your paypal funds. As for the Dansk items, I usually buy anything cheap with a Dansk mark, especially if is teak also. Picked up a (Dansk) small cow paperweight and bud vase over the weekend. They don't sell for much but hey, they were .50 each and I will sell them with some others I have as a lot (some day).

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out just to see from your post if I could only find a decent money maker for a dollar in the thrift store, sure I see things for a dollar or less that could maybe double the money, but with the little volume I do on ebay I don't even waist my time. Not saying I haven't wasted a listing on cheap crap before. I just had a 99 cent start listing on a small brass mechanical clock that was from a Case Tractor dealership that I paid like 4 bucks for. I thought sure starting the 99 cent price would draw in the tractor collectors and I would at least see 35 bucks out of it. Dang thing got one bid for the 99 cents. It was a flop and a waist of my time and I'll bet if I put a buy-now for 25.00 the same guy who won it would have gave it. I did this weekend take in the same practice of looking for a dollar deal this weekend and in the books I found a good condition "Volkswagen Official Service Manual Type 1" for Super Beetle, Beetle & Karmann Ghia 1970 thru 1979 in decent shape. I'm thinking I could get maybe a buy-now of 30. to 35. out of it. I didn't even look it up. I just checked it out enough to see that it was a genuine VW issue and said that'll work. I rarely look for books to sell. I did once pay 2 bucks for one as I had my hand on it to lean down and look at something below the shelf it laid flat on. I looked at the title called "The Smashers" as that got my interest, and saw it was a bio on all the top race ponies. I got it cause the movie Sea Biscuit had just came out on video and it gave his genealogy in the book. Dang book got me 80 bucks. I don't seek for any particular items or great deals. I explore for the unknown and overlooked treasures of the the discarded. It does go with out saying, one mans trash is another mans treasure. That treasure-trash is all around us.

jason4kstate

Jun 23, 2007
Bought this for a $1 Last Friday. It's titled the "The Indian the Northwest and the Northwestern Line" It's not the same one but mine is way better condition. It details the reservations where the rail line would go through back in the 1890's. There is an inscription in mine which kind of alludes to the fact that it was sold as a tourist item on a the train. It has a bunch of maps and even a fold out map of the rail line.

mcgWo9byLJt-JalOe7CLZ8w.jpg

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i buy dollar items alot,bought a metal case for one dollar had leather working tools in it that i didnt know what they were looked them up put on ebay sold for 50.00 in switzerland and they paid shipping too kentucy,it also had vintage drafting things sold them to someone in hawaii for 15.00 i think.in all honesty the dollar finds are my best well i do not know 5.00 dollar buys work out well too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread