Post your $1 (or less) Finds Here w/ Sold For Prices

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The XOX earrings sold for $20? I have the exact same pair. I know there are a lot of XOXO necklaces out there in gold.
Yes, there are, I actually picked up a 14k necklace & bracelet set mixed in with some costume jewelry at a church fundraiser rummage sale, it was early,I was using my flashlight and the lady said $1.00 takes it all, I had thought I seen the glint of gold so I said sure. I can't remember the weight but I scrapped the necklace for around $450.00 and my wife took possession of the bracelet. This was before I took pictures of my finds.

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Church rummage sale one year ago I picked up a bag of "old silverware", not sterling or anything but I was hoping for something...couldn't find the pattern for these until recently I stumbled across it. Sold about 30 pieces in two lots for $150. Yes, Oneida. Bent, worn and almost went into the scrap pile. "Patrick Henry" The picture is of the first lot, the 8 teaspoons I found in my scrap bucket later brought $71. of that total.

Attachments

• 0314141453.jpg
    0314141453.jpg
    329.2 KB · Views: 501

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My latest $1 find that sold for a nice profit was the Swarovski Airplane. Actually it was only 77cents at a trashy GW, the only reason I go there is for the girls...
Sold for $50 and still only searching there for the treasures...

Attachments

• 0324141538.jpg
    0324141538.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 444
OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a spare bedroom full of boxed up junque that I have bought at various garage sales and such. I recently started grabbing random boxes and listing whatever was in it on ebay, in an attempt to get rid of an overabundance of stuff. I just looked at the last 25 items I sold and 15 of them I paid $1 or less for. Total gross sales on those 15 items was $443 and change. I did offer free shipping on most of them. Still not bad for a less than $15 investment.

Point is, there are many dollar deals out there to make a decent profit on as evidenced by this post and this thread. I'd rather not overload this thread with pictures of my $1 finds. I'd prefer to see yours if possible, so lets keep them coming.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here is a recent quarter find,looks like some kind of bone,not sure if ill sell it though
What is it? A wannabe Thunderbird totem? Does the other side look any different? Appears as if it might. Only one pic showed up.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not sure yet but looks old maybe some type of ivory

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg NJMARTY, it is HTRK's new album. It was a gift from the distributor to make up for an order shortage.

Last edited:
OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not sure yet but looks old maybe some type of ivory
That's a nice looking piece for .25! I can tell you that it is definitely bone and not ivory. Probably from Canada, British Columbia maybe Washington state. Vintage tourist souvenir I would think.

Last edited:

krazyace

Jan 9, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once bought a newspaper from the 20's or 30's at an estate sale for $1, cut out a Harley Davidson ad and it sold on Ebay for around $25.

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Paid a buck for this Synchro-Gizz mainly because...well it is a Synchro-gizz and how often do you see that? lol No idea what it was when i bought it but it sold for 45.00 buy it now. Guess there are collectors of Ellis manifold related things.

IMG_0411.JPG IMG_0407.JPG

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I once bought a newspaper from the 20's or 30's at an estate sale for $1, cut out a Harley Davidson ad and it sold on Ebay for around $25.

That is so cool!!!

I did a very similar thing once. I bought a single magazine from a late 1960's at an antique store for $1. The people who run the store are active ebayers. I took a six page advertising section out of the center of the mag, and sold it for $19. It was a Dodge advertisement about the new cars for that year. The magazine itself was worthless, but the advertising section was in hot demand.

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dollar item

Interesting post. I can't think of much I paid a dollar for that was worth a whole bunch. So for fun I just this morning went to the TS to see what I could find for a dollar that would make a profit. Outside of some paperback books the only place I could find any amount of items marked $1.00 and under was the eating utensils bins. Dang if I didn't find my dollar for resale project. Its a stainless steel ladle made by DANSK "Norway" I checked the sold items on the s.phone and for sure I think I've got my pick for the dollar thing to sell for profit. I'll try and post it soon and give the results. I also found for 5 dollar a working Quicktionary redder pen that may be worth $19 - $20 ?? The thing scans written words off a page and give definition and pronunciation. Its kind of cool!

Attachments

• dansk ladle.jpg
    dansk ladle.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 328
  • dansk ladle 2.jpg
    dansk ladle 2.jpg
    726.1 KB · Views: 377

Edmundruffin

Aug 17, 2010
West Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Groundhawk for metal, eyeballs for stone
I bought a pair of Heart Motor Boots for $9.99, size 13. I thought they were horse riding boots. The only google information I got was they were worn by Massachusetts State Motorcycle Police Troopers and men who liked other men in leather :dontknow:. Anyway, I put them on e bay and sold the to a guy in California for $108 plus $20 shipping. Go figure.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread