2 nice scores: The Art of Picking

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was surprised today at my local TS.

My first pick was a framed Keith Haring limited edition poster for Broward County animal rescue. Paid $8
image.jpg image.jpg
Handsigniertes Plakat: The Humane Society of Broward County sold by Auktionshaus Stahl, Hamburg, on Saturday, September 12, 2009

Next I saw this oil painting image.jpg and immediately liked it because of its fine detail, subject and composition. I would have a field day if I went to an estate sale in the room the painting depicts.

Initially I could not find the artist under S Lee. But with a little more research I found that it was S H Lee. Paid $50 His paintings presently sell in galleries for $1200-1500

image.jpg image.jpg

Sorry about the poster pics being sideways.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great scores,and thanks for the lessons

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, a poster from my local Humane Society that's worth money, who'd a thunk it. How big is the S H Lee? I read that his art rarely exceeds 20" x 24".

OP
OP
Lost&Found

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought of you when I saw it was from Broward. Haring was a popular NY based artist, a protege of Warhol and I figured even a poster would have value. I am thinking of donating it to my local NY Shiba Inu breed rescue so they can auction it off.

The Lee is 20"x 24". It's something I might hold onto for awhile I'm thinking it will appreciate and I like it.

mrbelvetron

Jun 15, 2004
Cleburne, TX.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
Nice score on the painting. I like how the portrait paintings inside the painting are detailed paintings by themselves.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That painting looks like a photograph...cool...I like it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread