diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this old book a couple weeks ago at a ghetto estate sale. Contains 30 one sided pages of exaggerated caricature type sketches of African American's portrayed in a derogatory manner with "comical" captions printed below each. It will sell for $50 or more in this condition, paid $2-

DSC08211.jpg DSC08214.jpg

and a typical plate inside the book.

DSC08217.jpg

found an undated Huckleberry Finn at the same sale for .50, The dust cover was in one piece until I ripped it, duh!-

DSC08204.jpg

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
may sell for allot more if you get 2 Bidders who really wanna use it to make a Statement :thumbsup:

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool books. That sucks about ripping the Huck Finn dust cover :(
Yeah. I found the same book without the cover sold for $20 plus shipping. Notice the name, Samuel L. Clemens instead of his pen Mark Twain. I think the book dates to the 1930's or early 40's.

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In this world of PC craziness, I like where I live.....

My gardener often says " hey boss when you out, white man come to see you"
to me, color is the same as having a beard, being tall or short etc it's all part of the description and it works well when no malice is intended.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About a yr ago my wife and I adopted 3 kids. 2 of them are Haitian. I go to a guys house who we knew for several yrs. he goes in the back room of his house and comes out and says here I found this I thought you should read it and have it. He said it was something I should have on my bookshelf. I opened it up and it was about the KKK. I kindly told him I'd like to punch him in his mouth, I ripped the cover off of it and through it on the floor! He told me I was wrong for adopting them because they're not the same color as me... I told him that there is a special place in hell for him and I left! Just a quick story on that, sorry to kill the mood! Had I found the book at a sale, I would have sold it. But it was a personal attack I felt.

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
reading old newspapers and deeds, the way white folks talked about black folks back then was comical to say the least.

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha...I just mean the book is an interesting part of history and a good find.

Your posts are good but taking care of three kids and speaking your mind is cooler.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
reading old newspapers and deeds, the way white folks talked about black folks back then was comical to say the least.
Unless it was you they were laughing at/about. I did not say I agree with the contents, but it is what it is.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
History is history.

Changing the words of what happened does not change history- only ones perception of it.

Florida's state song is an example of changing history.

We should all be more tolerant, but the fastest way to end racism would be to erase it from each and every government form. That way we make it colorblind.

American Citizen:

[] YES
[] NO

The only question needed on government forms...

just sayin~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread