Vintage Woolrich shirts: Can you help me make heads and tails of them?

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Having read on this forum that vintage Woolrich shirts can be hot sellers, I scored an old plaid Woolrich shirt last week at a thrift.

I have sold a few Woolrich items in the past, even though I don't like listing clothes on ebay. I did sell a newly made Woolrich coat over the winter for $100.

The Woolrich shirt I have bears a white label, and reads "Pure Virgin Wool." It does not say "Made In USA", but I strongly suspect this shirt was made back when most clothes were made in this nation.

Are Woolrich shirts still hot?

Who buys these vintage Woolrich shirts?

Are the white label garments what the buyers are looking for?

When is the best time to list a long sleeve, all wool shirt? Fall/Winter?

Thanks!!!

OP
OP
C

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I have, and they don't appear to be selling well. I am wondering if it is the wrong time of the year. I was also hoping to hear from other sellers who might know the market better than what I can see on ebay.

There have been threads, or at least some posts on this forum about vintage Woolrich.

Mostly, I want to know if the market is still there, and is this the wrong time to list them?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A little on Woolrich labels. Dating Woolrich Coats: A Fedora Lounge Guide I would think maybe next month may be better to start listing long sleeve wool shirts or any fall/winter item for that matter. Too hot everywhere for most people to be thinking of a hot wool shirt at the moment. Which reminds me that I have to list my winter crap this year or it's going to the yard sale or the Salvation Army. Not to mention all my Christmas tree ornaments. :BangHead:

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have two nice vintage plaid ones that I am waiting to list in a month or so.
I haven't look into them in a while, but I am under the impression the old classic looking madein USA ones should be good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions