NJSouth

Aug 22, 2014
Vineland NJ
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Bounty Hunter Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NEVER go with a hippie to a second location and NEVER trust a couple from craigslist.... I'm just saying.... ya know.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
meeting craigslist people scares me and I' m fearless

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Job Beachkid! Do test everything and if you feel somethings not right about the couple meet them inside your bank or police station which I have done numerous times for both parties safety, helps as a buyers tool for those nervous sellers. I did use to buy stuff right out of my car in parking lots too. With my .40 sitting under my leg.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never mind I suck I paid $50 under spot for all of them. Thank goodness one is signed. I should be able to get a couple hundred dollars more than what I paid though I think. One is already claimed by my sister-in-law for 200.

image-3822642942.jpg

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
I have an opposite view of craigslist than most. I invite people to my house. I figure if anything goes down I have home field advantage. I think a potential robber doesn't want to be in a situation like that. First they have to come to an unknown home they never have been in. Second they might not be familiar with the area, which might make them say forget about it and go after an easier or more familiar target. Honestly most craigslist stories I hear about, the robber always meets in a neutral location and the wackos are the ones who want you to come to their house.

And if you are really paranoid you could basically stash a weapon anywhere you like. They just see a newspaper on a counter top, they don't see the knife/gun under it. Also I keep enough cash on me to change any bill so I don't have to leave the room. I just think most robbers would say no to coming to your house. Sure it might scare away real legitimate customers, but no sale is worth me putting my life on the line. Also I have mentioned this before but I don't use email, I always give my cell number. Talking to a person will tell you a whole lot more than an email will.

billn1956

Jan 2, 2010
I had to laugh about how you said the wackos are the ones who want you to come to there house. But YOU are the one inviteing people to your house, and hiding weapons close to hand. I just had the best laugh of my day. But you sure proved your point.

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
I had to laugh about how you said the wackos are the ones who want you to come to there house. But YOU are the one inviteing people to your house, and hiding weapons close to hand. I just had the best laugh of my day. But you sure proved your point.

I didn't say I DID, I said if YOU are really paranoid....

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Police station.....nothing else will do for me. Every town has one and there is only 1 legitimate excuse for someone not willing to meet there and that is that they are up to no good.

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I sell on Craigslist it is never at my house. That's one of the reasons I rented a storage unit - when I sell furniture, it goes straight to the storage unit and I have the other party meet me there. I am completely comfortable meeting buyers and sellers in public places, but it's not for everyone.

Some of my best buys have come from Craigslist have come when I go for one item, then get the pick of the house they are moving out of. I was uncomfortable at first, but buying and selling is not a hobby for me so I don't have a choice.

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never think twice about meeting a buyer at my house. And I live in one of the most murderous cities in the US.

However, if they walked in with concealed carry and I saw that pistol, there would be trouble. Anyone other than a cop who carries a concealed weapon into my house is a threat to my life and that of my family, end of discussion.

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Why is it that every time this subject goes back to the top of the page and I re-read it, it sounds sooooooooooo dirty??!!!!!

T.

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
However, if they walked in with concealed carry and I saw that pistol, there would be trouble. Anyone other than a cop who carries a concealed weapon into my house is a threat to my life and that of my family, end of discussion.

What kind of trouble?? If you think they are threat to your life and your families I would hope you would just tell them that you don't want someone carrying a concealed weapon on your property and ask them to leave.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It depends on the situation. I have sold thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of stuff from my driveway. Never have had a problem but I ALWAYS talk to prospective buyer first. Not just email or text...

sent from a potato...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions