Got the Heisman at the TS

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More like "cork" blocked. I was about to buy a half full box of this lego set for $6.99, then the cashier runs to the manager and comes back saying it is mispriced and tells me I can't buy it. The box I had was missing all the minifigures, but had 6 packs of sealed blocks and instructions. OY

Lego The Hobbit The Goblin King Battle Set 79010 Building Blocks Bricks 5702014961302 | eBay

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the deal? Did they figure out that when it's you wanting to buy something that they better check out their merchandise? That's jacked up @#%$!!! Happens to me with some of the garage sale resellers here that I have made the mistake of giving my ebay handle to. Now I won't bother going to some of their sales, they won't sell me anything unless they have checked it out inside and out and up and down.

OP
OP
palidin20603

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cashier told me they never sell legos that cheap. The real issue was with the box having a yellow K-mart tag with $90.00 on it partially blacked out. I should have looked closer and pulled that K-Mart tag off. Oh well, maybe it will be back on the shelves tomorrow. HH

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
What's the deal? Did they figure out that when it's you wanting to buy something that they better check out their merchandise? That's jacked up @#%$!!! Happens to me with some of the garage sale resellers here that I have made the mistake of giving my ebay handle to. Now I won't bother going to some of their sales, they won't sell me anything unless they have checked it out inside and out and up and down.

I have been in similar situations at estate sales. I find something that I am pretty sure was under priced or possibly missed if it was a digging sale. My best strategy is to find a bunch more crap to buy and when the cashier picks up the item that is when I ask a question to distract them.

I learned that lesson the hard way. I dug out an old small cannon in the original box. And like a ******* I went up and asked how much with no other items. Her response was oh I don't think I ever saw that and she got on her laptop and looked it up on ebay. She was nice she only wanted $25 off retail.

So now I will grab a lot of small items or other stuff to camouflage the real valuable item and generally ask how much for everything. A man's got to earn a living.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been in similar situations at estate sales. I find something that I am pretty sure was under priced or possibly missed if it was a digging sale. My best strategy is to find a bunch more crap to buy and when the cashier picks up the item that is when I ask a question to distract them.

I learned that lesson the hard way. I dug out an old small cannon in the original box. And like a ******* I went up and asked how much with no other items. Her response was oh I don't think I ever saw that and she got on her laptop and looked it up on ebay. She was nice she only wanted $25 off retail.

So now I will grab a lot of small items or other stuff to camouflage the real valuable item and generally ask how much for everything. A man's got to earn a living.
Yep. that is exactly how I do it also, I too have been in that same situation. Goodluck!

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sounds like to me you created your own issues! Why give your eBay ID out to these people or anyone who doesn't buy or want to buy from you? That is cutting you're own throat! I never ever tell the people I buy from what I think an item is worth nor what I think or know I can sell it for nor do I give anyone the means to check & see that info on my eBay account on their own!My eBay ID is NONEYA if anyone I buy from asks me! I do seriously say that & act very serious!

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did create my own problem, can't argue with that at all. It goes back to when I first started selling and didn't think about what I was doing to myself, just being a little too friendly.

I learned my lesson some time back and the mistakes occasionally still come back to bite and it bites.:BangHead:

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did create my own problem, can't argue with that at all. It goes back to when I first started selling and didn't think about what I was doing to myself, just being a little too friendly.

I learned my lesson some time back and the mistakes occasionally still come back to bite and it bites.:BangHead:

I feel ya! At least you know now! Live and learn! Just find some new sources & it will all be good! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions