are they worth buying, cut out cards of historical Americans?

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep exactly have a whole or most of a set it looks like , thanks diggumup !! They look to be in very nice shape. Probably need to get them graded etc like in that sales site ?

gino22

Nov 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PSA charges $15 per graded card and overcharges for return shipping. If you become a member (a great deal if you have a LOT of cards you need to get through), you get a voucher for 15 free gradings but the membership is something like $130. Once you are a member you can take advantage of bulk grading prices, (something like $10/card and 30 business day turnaround per order for 15-50 cards, then something like $7/card and 60 days for 50+ cards).

I would want to average at least $30 per card to even consider this, so I'd stay away unless you get a phenomenal deal on all the cards and sell them off as a naked lot. As an aside, I've noticed a good deal of chance involved in the grade your cards end up getting... I've had cards I thought would be a 9 end up being a 4-5 (basically worthless), and cards I thought would be a 6 end up being 9s (a nice payday if what you have is remotely uncommon).

Seeing slabbed cards going for $9-10 is a big red flag no matter what. Caveat emptor...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread