Viewmaster score

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a box that had two viewmasters in it - one is a 70's red and white model. The other is a black bakelite model from the 50's. There were also a couple hundred viewmaster reels. The guy wanted 15, I offered 10 and his wife made him take it.

All of the reels are from the 50's and 60's. Some of them are in 3 packs. I looked a few of those up.

The common ones go for 3-5 if you sell individually, or less when they sell a lot of them at once.

I had a 3-pack from Astroworld, and I saw someone had sold just the 3rd disc for 15 bucks. So I listed the 3 pack with a BIN of $49. Somebody scooped it up in about 10 minutes!

Had no idea that stuff was so collectible. Probably one of the best profit margins I've ever had. Hopefully I'll find some more gems in this box.

looking on eBay, there are some of these discs that sell for 40+ apiece, so be sure and keep your eye out for this stuff!

Screen Shot 2014-09-22 at 1.13.32 AM.png

Last edited:

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I picked up a 2 viewmasters & about 20 reels last year for $5. Sold 4 of the 3 reel sets for over $100 & the rest at the antique mall for $15. I'm alway's on the look out for those.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread