Guess Im in the R/C business

leadnbrass

Apr 2, 2005
Shenandoah Valley VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess I'm in the R/C business

Picked up a few hundred R/C parts last year and spent around $100. Sold a good amount quickly and add a few BIN's to my monthly listings and sell most of them. So today it was a no brainer when offered these today from the same guy.

Pictures don't do the amount of things I picked up justice. Spent $160 and would say I have at least 2000 individual items. Just the Kyosho F1 bodies I had and sold last year averaged about $30 each so I should recoup my outlay on them.

I would say at least 25% of the parts have a retail of over $30 so I should do ok listing at 50% of that and the others I usually list at 1/3rd of list.

I like buying bulk before the winter comes so I don't have to scramble for things over the winter and buy things I really don't usually buy to get some money flowing.

Between these and the Easton Press lot I got a few weeks ago I should hopefully have an ok winter...hopefully.

20141108_190155_zpsxp8yrecz.jpg

20141108_190315_zps1cd7i7rk.jpg

20141108_190401_zpsmpzbrvf0.jpg

20141108_190234_zpsmmvxkljb.jpg

20141108_190208_zps7bfblcp2.jpg

20141108_190136_zps9rw6qgj7.jpg

Last edited:

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
That's a great buy! I picked up some similar stuff a few years ago, but not nearly as much. Definitely BIN items. I had some success grouping related parts - like front and rear dirt tires with the correct size wheels, or a couple of clear bodies of the same scale so they could change the look of their cars or practice painting. I tried to get the parts out the door quickly, so I was at less than 1/2 retail. Good luck!

Eagle101

Jul 22, 2012
New England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Gold,
Garrett AT Pro. Makro racer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Damn that's a good score!!! I've never seen those parts around. I'm definitely going to be on the lookout for them.

Is that something you bought locally or online?

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well done!

sent from a potato with gravy!!...

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a nice score!!!! I would love to get into the parts business, I just can never find a supply like that.

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should keep you busy. Nice score

OP
OP
L

leadnbrass

Apr 2, 2005
Shenandoah Valley VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spoke with him again today...supposed to have another load this week. Hopefully that will pan out...ended up meeting him today for a few mins and got another few hundred dollars worth of crap for helping move some furniture.

He claims he has a few NIB cars. Tamiya, Kyosho, Traxxas and Losi...that would be nice.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spoke with him again today...supposed to have another load this week. Hopefully that will pan out...ended up meeting him today for a few mins and got another few hundred dollars worth of crap for helping move some furniture.

He claims he has a few NIB cars. Tamiya, Kyosho, Traxxas and Losi...that would be nice.

Oh yeh! You might get a new car/truck that you will never have to buy parts for!:icon_thumright:
I had a Traxxas Stampede for years, and souped up it would go 40+ MPH. I always needed parts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread