Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our town dump had a strict "no dump picking policy" They recently set up an area called "Pickers Corner" they put stuff there that seems to "nice" to throw away .
yesterday I got a Downrigger and a big box of fabric samples . I'll probably wait til spring to sell the rigger - the fabric samples do good on ebay, people use them for crafts & scrapbooking .

the dump is open 5 days a week - there's different stuff every day - I use to hate going to the dump - now I plan to go every day .
If I run out of trash , I'll just put on an orange jumpsuit and pick up crap on the side of the road8-)

Attachments

• DOWNRIGGEER 003.jpg
    DOWNRIGGEER 003.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 102
  • DOWNRIGGEER 001.jpg
    DOWNRIGGEER 001.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 104
  • DOWNRIGGEER 002.jpg
    DOWNRIGGEER 002.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 104

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Makes me wish we had a town dump.

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
Grease the guys hand to get into the electronics bin. I have gotten so much great stuff from there. Throw him a $20 and say you are looking for a pair of speakers or something.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You won't hear in Colorado anymore, "Hey man, where can I get some stuff" Now you just look for the big green cross sign to find the stuff. I now smell stuff getting gas, driving by bus stops and all around me these days. The stuff is sold all over the state.

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, you've got it good! I used to pick up all kinds of stuff from the local transfer station as a kid, I haven't been back since I've been selling stuff. Could be some treasures to be had!

OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, you've got it good! I used to pick up all kinds of stuff from the local transfer station as a kid, I haven't been back since I've been selling stuff. Could be some treasures to be had!
It's all free .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions