10k Sorority Pin - Kappa Alpha?

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this 10k sorority pin with letter KA. Pin had pearls and what I assume are small sapphires. I think it is from 50s / 60s.

Does anyone know what organization KA? I thought it would be very easy to identify, but no luck so far.

ForumRunner_20141214_201000.png

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey silverdollarbill!! Interesting!! I was in the KA Frat and that's the first one I have seen like yours!! Usually a Knight's Shield with KA on it!! Perhaps it is significant with the torch for knowledge!! Neat Find!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

OP
OP
S

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@Digg...thanks for the links. I was looking at Kappa Alpha but thought it was not them because it looked like an all male group. (I did see something about a women's chapter somewhere last night will try to find it.) I assumed this was for a sorority since this was from a woman's estate and the pin (primarily the pearls) seemed feminine to me. Thanks for the second link also, I did not know the S was a "chapter guard". I thought is was just the initial of the original owner.

@VERDE...thanks for the comment. I did notice it looked different than the other "Kappa Alpha" pins which I why I thought I may have the wrong group. Also, I did not know the torch represented knowledge.

Will try to figure out what chapter this is for and will update the thread if I find any more details.

thx,
bill

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had one of these before it look different though. I contacted fraternity and one of the head guys call me back. I was interested in selling it to him however he was interested in it for free. He told me about his position and how he was the head of some fortune 500 company. And that he would love to have the pin to give to one of his fraternity brothers that was still in college. I told him he could have it for $100 which I think was a steal at the time ! He laughed at me and said I can buy a brand-new one in the book for about $30!! And I said there's no way you're going to buy a 10 karat gold with diamonds and pearls for $30!! He told me I would do the right thing and mail it to him and he expected to have it in the mail within a week... So I sold it on eBay for about $200! Tried to do the right thing but I needed the money too. At one point he even got suspicious as to why I had it in where I got it from. And I told him I bought it at an estate sale. I will never do that again what a waste of time!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread