Favorite flea market finds from the last two weekends, old gold!

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Favorite silver and gold finds from this weekend and last weekend! Sterling silver down in the front, about 80 grams for $24. Somebody colored in the chunky Italian chain bracelet with a sharpie or paint marker, some people idk/smh/lol... I still haven't gotten it all off. Gold to the right: two 9k bangles (pending electronic testing but 99% sure they're the real deal), 16 grams total, $5; 10k rose gold brooch (2.6g), 12k chain (1.5g), 14k scrap (2.2g), 14k and jade(?) earrings, and 14k & enamel "love knot" brooch (3.3g) came from individual items + bags from one vendor, $9 for everything. Second pic is best I can get of the "9CT" mark on the larger bangle bracelet.

ForumRunner_20141215_013226.png

ForumRunner_20141215_013236.png

ForumRunner_20141215_013249.png

ForumRunner_20141215_013259.png

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That love knot is a nice old piece. Great finds. One of the items I will be more focused on this next year is jewelry. Besides the intrinsic value and collectibility, it's also easy to ship and doesn't take up much room to store it.

OP
OP
kali_is_my_copilot

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks dig! I personally am kind of in love with it as well, definitely the nicest item I've ever found of that age. Also I agree with all of the points you raised for focusing on jewelry more in the new year. I have quite the stash of lower-profit-margin vintage & antique accessories/housewares/etc and could easily list 50+ items a month but my eBay inventory has been all jewelry all the time for probably 6 or 7 months now and I'm really not that bothered by it.

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
That love knot is a nice old piece. Great finds. One of the items I will be more focused on this next year is jewelry. Besides the intrinsic value and collectibility, it's also easy to ship and doesn't take up much room to store it.

My goal, also. I've become a hoarder of junk and I need to stop and concentrate on small, high profit items.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread