I love printers

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know if it is something out here, but I see a TON of printers at garage sales around here. I've started checking them out, and some used ones do pretty well on Amazon. I've even found a new one here or there. I just sold a lexmark networked laser printer for $439, new in box. Of course, I paid $15 for it, so I was pretty happy with that mark up. Does anyone else here hit printers?

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No. But I will definetly be looking closer at them now:laughing7:. Congrats on the nice profit. Hopefully they continue for you.

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've started my burn pile with dozens of them... I hate them, hate seeing them, and hate looking at them.. Lol.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nothing but plastic, turn them down all the time, even if free.
recycle value is so small not worth taking up space in my car.

When I read your subject line I thought you might be getting personal.
I am in the printing business and we do have customers that love us (untill we can't get that job out when they want it )

gino22

Nov 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wouldn't dream of it unless new in box. Printers are extremely delicate and prone to all sorts of impossible to diagnose problems. All it takes is a lone dust particle to clog one of the micro nozzles and ruin the whole thing. Not an exaggeration, the expensive ones really are that delicate.

tomsright

Jul 2, 2013
NatureCoast Florida
Detector(s) used
A/T PRO, 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have done printers . I picked up an HP Plotter (large format) at a school auction for $25 and sold it for $550. I don't mess with the small inkjets but wide format and lasers
can be good deals. I sell them whole or part them out.

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Today I saw an HP LaserJet P1606DN never unboxed (someone opened it and removed the toner) for $55 at Goodwill. I was psyched because it's a nice little network-ready printer - I have one at my desk at work. Instead of just taking it home, I checked the profit margin on eBay--then put it back on the shelf. I could get one sent to my house for about the same price. If you can get a great printer at a greater price, go for it, but if you're reselling you definitely want to research.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about fax machines ???

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've bought sealed ink cartridges and done very well on those. For the most part, I see inkjet printers at garage sales that are worthless. No doubt there are some good ones out there.

One thing I did find on Facebook: HP LaserJet CP1025nw color. Was literally used a few times. Had almost full toner cartridges when I bought it two months ago. Also came with an extra black toner cartridge, new and sealed. Lady sold it to me for $25 on facebook. Even if I print with all the toner I have then toss the thing, I'm probably saving over $100 on ink in the same time frame.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions