Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We played them dozens of times at Grandpa's house when I was a kid, but the adults got them out, and they were always supervising.

It seemed like we all had more common sense 40 years ago, now if someone gets hurt with ANY device, it was not their fault, it had to be the manufacturer's.

A baseball bat can do far more damage, they might as well outlaw hot dog sticks, pointy scissors....the list is endless.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fond memories playing Jarts at my grandparent's during the summer. I just don't know how I ever survived childhood with out the nanny state protecting me.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jarts. Lawn darts.
jarts jartsindex.jpg
How big brother sees it.
1298925095-jarts-victim.jpg

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Didn't have car seats either. AND, there were rifle clubs back then, but no school shootings. Go figure.

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They were always fun until the kid that was eating Cotton candy and had really sticky fingers took his turn. Inevitably a dart went straight up, which way do you run? Choose your destiny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DirtyHowi

Oct 6, 2006
somewhere in the middle of nowhere iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 Thank You Santa :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't have car seats either. AND, there were rifle clubs back then, but no school shootings. Go figure.

we have a trap team...(i'm an RSO)...we have merry go round, stainless steel slides, and those bouncy animals mounted on an old strut spring, and swings...(shhh dont tell big brother)

while there is a 0 tolerance policy for weapons on school grounds, since i live close to the school, and my garage isn't locked, the kids just leave their shotguns in there, and i take them to the range for em.

gotta love really small town america.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
What you could do is .. In our local paper they have what is called bargain ad's … ..Any item that you have for sale $100.00 or less they put in for free … Then there is the shopper or swapper papers that is put out in most city & towns you could put it in.. That is what i would do…..

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you could do is .. In our local paper they have what is called bargain ad's … ..Any item that you have for sale $100.00 or less they put in for free … Then there is the shopper or swapper papers that is put out in most city & towns you could put it in.. That is what i would do…..

of course If a self appointed protector of the world sees it,
It could still get reported though. but yes less likely.

my suggestion would be to keep and perhaps one day sell it to friends,
who want it for a party game at a keggar.

or simply as a collectable .

Seller, beware: Feds cracking down on garage sales

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2009/08/20/74102/seller-beware-feds-cracking-down.html

Last I heard even busybodies wanna make a career out of looking at yard sales

Seller, Beware: the New Yard-Sale Rules

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052970204261704574274200783855602

Last edited:

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember bb guns wars ............... we all still have are eyes.................

DirtyHowi

Oct 6, 2006
somewhere in the middle of nowhere iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 Thank You Santa :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember bb guns wars ............... we all still have are eyes.................

i still have my BB gun, and my granddaddy's BB gun...and his jarts :D but what will i ever do without the watchful caring eye of big brother to ensure my safety....after all i've only ever...

1. put leaded gas in my car as a teenager.
2. owned and driven a truck for which seatbelts werent even an option and the gas tank was behind the seat.
3. ridden on the package shelf in moms 72 dodge.
4. ridden my bike down i dont know how many hills, wiped out, gone home crying only to have ma patch me up and send me back outside.
5. cant remember everything else LOL.

and now i gotta search every .gov website for dangerous products before i have a yard sale? ummmmmmmmm no.

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being a city kid before pooper scooper laws, a lit firecracker placed in a pile would make everyone scatter.

OP
OP
D

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
1. put leaded gas in my car as a teenager. (tens of millions of people suffer the effects of Lead Poisoning from this one).
2. owned and driven a truck for which seatbelts werent even an option and the gas tank was behind the seat. (The auto industry fought tooth and nail against having mandatory seat belts, to say nothing about air bags... Even with these safety items tens of thousands are killed every year on the highway. Without them, it would be hundreds of thousands).
3. ridden on the package shelf in moms 72 dodge. (Yes, your mother has about as much common sense as a rabid racoon... So did mine).
4. ridden my bike down i dont know how many hills, wiped out, gone home crying only to have ma patch me up and send me back outside. (yeah, pretty normal here).
5. cant remember everything else LOL. (concussions do that, you know :)
yep

Punatic

Feb 25, 2014
norcal
Primary Interest:
Other
I tried to list a set I got at a GS and CL sent me a notice saying that they could not list it due to having contraband material in The listing

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried to list a set I got at a GS and CL sent me a notice saying that they could not list it due to having contraband material in The listing

What about on the garage sale section on Facebook. And don't listed as jarts just put vintage toys.....

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about if you list them on eBay in a junk drawer lot. Don't write anything as to what they are just show pictures. Throw some other stuff in them or with the listing some other toys or random things with it. And then if somebody emails you asking what they are... Say you don't know....

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a website that will buy them but I don't remember what site it was. I have two sets I picked up at a garage sale years ago. I still have them not sure what I will do with them. It is rather fun to say I own a set.

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10 times more likely to cause cancer and birth defects in California

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The set I had listed fine on Craigslist.. No pic tho..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please keep the politics statements out of the threads...

“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
― James Madison
The Constitution of the United States of America

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread