Difficult to sell, Do I destroy it?

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
I was at a sale last weekend, while everything was quite overpriced, there was one bargain. A set of Jarts for $1. Can't list them on Ebay, Amazon, or even Craigslist. What do I do with them? My 14 year old son wanted to play with them. Uh, no... DOWN BOY, DOWN!

So, what do I do with them? I am considering dismantling them and throwing them away in pieces. Any ideas would be appreciated.

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I traded a set I found to a friend that put them on her wall as momentos of her childhood. I got $85-90 worth of video games for eBay. I survived playing with them. Lol.

gino22

Nov 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang onto them, you will find locals willing to trade soon enough

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the dumbest games invented... I also played jarts with my cousin at grandpas house MANY times during family gatherings... its a miracle neither of us ended up with one in us.
My vote... destroy em... take the loss... that way you know they don't end up one day in some kids hands again.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
unless they are listed as prohibited offensive weapons,
Most recalls are just that you can't officially sell them.
I am guessing the Ban is actually just another word for Recall

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jart Art?, they could be made into a sculpture or encased in acrylic like a paperweight. Rendered inactive like bombs and other ammunition.

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
I stuck a jart in the barn roof when I was A kid. Lets just say that when dad saw that........... The jarts went among the missing that day:tongue3:

VPR

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've picked two sets lately and am waiting on spring to sell them.

Clearly one of the dumbest games ever invented, comparable to "Indoor Skeet-Shooting Range" and "Live Cobra in a Box."

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Why on earth would you destroy them?

I have sold the early 50's and 60's sets for $75 to $125, depending on condition. The slider Jarts are not nearly as popular, and have been a hard sell at $35, at least for me.

Craigslist would be my first choice, followed by an antique mall or indoor flea market/mall that offers consignment.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They were the coolest thing ever for a while until it got boring! We hurt ourselves way more with high powered fire crackers and m-80's!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread