cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
while there is a 0 tolerance policy for weapons on school grounds, since i live close to the school, and my garage isn't locked, the kids just leave their shotguns in there, and i take them to the range for em.

gotta love really small town america.

Well. when I was a kid, in high school, we had an indoor gun range close by. (suburb of Los Angeles) There were days I would bring my 22 rifle on the bus (it was a break down model. barrel detaches from stock so it would fit in a bag) and then to school and keep it in my locker. No problem. Don't know if i ever asked permission but my parents knew. After school the bus would drop me off close to the range and then later one of my parents would pick me up.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

Didn't help me. I bought two games from a thrift store. One was missing directions. When I googled it, I found out it was recalled due to lead in it. Nice. I checked the other, and it was also recalled. Hmm, nice. Not!
We didn't have bike helmets. My brother rode off the curb or hit it or something. Flew off his bike and got a concussion. We were tougher than kids today. He got back on his bike and rode it home.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Roman Candle duels.

SPARKLERS! We used them at weddings during the dancing. I had a $200 silk dress get a hole burned in it cuz I was waving the sparkler around.
Man, I'm not even 50 (almost), and I sound like an old foggie.

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a set for sale. Actually two. Message me for pics.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a set for sale. Actually two. Message me for pics.
Careful.....you might get the lawn dart police after you. The "Jart-carta" rofl.gif
How are any of us still alive? Bottle rocket fights...no helmets....Pop rocks and soda...sliding big wheels down MASSIVE inclines...towing a car hood behind your truck in the snow, with a few people on it! Wait, I still do that!:laughing7:

vwayne1

Jan 14, 2005
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Check finished items on eBay for jarts. An empty vintage box sold for over $100. The plastic fin parts sold for over $54 as replacements. Destroy?? Um...no.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would seriously try the junk drawer a lot on eBay. And just list as vintage toys, and whatever else you have and let it auction at whatever starting bid you want.

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Careful.....you might get the lawn dart police after you. The "Jart-carta" View attachment 1099947
How are any of us still alive? Bottle rocket fights...no helmets....Pop rocks and soda...sliding big wheels down MASSIVE inclines...towing a car hood behind your truck in the snow, with a few people on it! Wait, I still do that!:laughing7:

Dead men tell no tales.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread