Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff. I tried selling stamps once and what a chore it was for me. Ended up selling for what I paid for them. I was glad to get rid of them. And on another sell of stamps which I found interesting was a couple of vintage Air Mail stamps were bought buy some one at the US Embassy in Afgahnistan . Had to answer a few question about what was in the envelope by the Postal employee without having to open it up. It was being mailed to a Diplomat Drop box.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been to that embassy...they have much better internet than most! Great score on the stamps OP! The last set of stamps found at my local Goodwill went into their auction. I jumped in at the last part of bidding and bought them for $950. 21 volumes. The thrift store folks ask me every now and then if I have sold any yet(sold one stamp for $125) and tell them I plan too...but it's a LOT of research! One day I'll get to it! You did good!

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
I'm now avoiding stamps like I avoid 80's forward baseball cards. To me, unless I see pre 1900 stamps or a Zeppelin in an album, it isn't worth my time or effort to re-sell. Man, I have a lot of stamps. The angle on a peforated hinge can radically effect value, and I'm not good enough to know the field.

First Day Covers - Forget it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread