gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoever paid $295 for it is a sucker. The fact that you can pull back on the left side guard to unlock the blade means it is a modern knife, 1970s to now. The ones that you have to pull the locking tab up to release the blade are the more valuable ones. The guy who said you were nuts about the BIN and the fact that it is a cheap modern knife was correct. It is a federal crime to ship it through the mail but many people do it every day. There is a site called "Sharper Deals" that you can go to where many switchblade knives are sold if you don't wish to deal with ebay rules. You will also get a feel for pricing on Sharper Deals.

P.S. I buy, sell, and trade all types of antique knives including these types, and set up at major knife shows in the northeast. If anybody is looking for collector grade antique knives please PM me with your wants. Antique pocket knives, hunting knives, and some bowie knives, many WW2 military knives. If you have any quality antique knives for sale I am always interested.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help I looked on that sharper deals website not too many knives on their still can't find one with the name stamped on the blade I did cancel the order because I'm not out to rip anybody off so until I can find more information on it I will keep it for myself I have a book on its way"switchblades of Italy"if anything I'm going to be the sucker for what I paid for it and I'll chalk it up as a lesson learned thanks again

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Be careful with this item...
They have been banned... They are illegal to buy... sell ... and ESPECIALLY possession of it anywhere...
and some states have strict laws on selling and purchasing these...
Shipping it to the wrong person in the wrong state ...over state lines can also make this a fed matter...

Selling or possessing this can lead to problems...

"In the USA, switchblades remain illegal to import from abroad or to purchase through interstate commerce since 1958 under the Switchblade Knife Act (15 U.S.C. §§1241-1245). However, a 2009 amendment (Amendment 1447) to 15 U.S.C. §1244 provides that the Act shall not apply to spring-assist or assisted-opening knives (i.e. knives with closure-biased springs that require physical force applied to the blade to assist in opening the knife ".

JFYI.
Years ago I bought one at a yard sale and found all this out after from a LEO ...
I snapped it in two parts and threw it in the trash.

IF you have this ON YOU... you are gonna get arrested... period.
They are sold every day in knife stores here in Tennessee and are perfectly legal according to state law here. The fact that they may be against federal law to IMPORT may or may not be important. I doubt the FBI is going to kick your door in for possession of a knife. I also have read that they are legal in some states for people with one arm. (no joke).. Your link to the federal law only speaks to the issue of importation and shipping across state lines. Not possession. PS... if you're in the market for one here are 29 pages of them... http://www.gunbroker.com/Automatic-Knives/BI.aspx

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I've seen news but it's not marked like the one I have ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433270892.276254.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433270905.781350.jpg not saying you're wrong because I am no expert at this just wondering if there that common why can't I find anymore with the name stamped on there

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold a [FONT=arial, sans-serif]ROSTFREI on ebay last fall . It went for over $100 . I was very careful in my wording . He paid - I sent it - he got it . Over a month later Ebay sent me a email saying it was against there policy to sell this type of knife . To Late , I already did ! [/FONT]

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's another knife from the same estate sale and it looks like eBay don't allow these ones neither ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433351463.774924.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433351486.001902.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433351505.263753.jpg 80's Taylor/seto butterfly knife Manila folder(Golden dragon)

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up a couple of more knives today and the other day.2 Rostfrei mini switchblades and a Spanish Toledo switchblade that's a little rough around the edges ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434832027.963824.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434832039.836504.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434832048.389860.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434832060.096121.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread