Stiletto siciliano knife

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pick this up today at an estate sale been searching online to try to date the knife and see what the handle design is called if anyone could give me some help because the prices are all over the place and I can't find one with the name on the Blade like this one ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433039534.469822.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433039549.089665.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433039559.543129.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433039570.748742.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433039581.071152.jpg

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the help I found a book on switchblades of Italy going to purchase it to research it or I just may listed for a crazy price and see what reaction I get

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Good luck listing it on Ebay.. They aren't allowed. If you sell it list it on gunbroker.com Very common style that's been around forever. I bought a case of 12 of them on gunbroker with blue handles for less than $100 a couple years ago. Not an exact match to yours but very similar and Italian made.

Attachments

• IMG_2029.JPG
    IMG_2029.JPG
    520.5 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
You could try Ebay & hope they don't catch it and nobody flags it but make ZERO mention of it being a switchblade, spring assisted, or anything else of that nature.

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I was thinking I was just going to use the same wording they did for that listing thanks for the info

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I was thinking I was just going to use the same wording they did for that listing thanks for the info
Looks like it was made sometime in the last 25 years or so. Let me know when you list it, I like it.

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's up there right now it's got a high price just because the prices are all over the place but I'm open to any offers

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the response I got for listing the knife a insult. I admit that it is overpriced but I was hoping to get more information instead of an insult.

I doubt that you've ever done any comparison shopping, but these can be bought all day long on a popular auction site for maybe $60 - yours is undefined brand and low end being brass bolsters and damaged plastic scales. Good luck finding an idiot, but this is terribly overpriced

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the response I got for listing the knife a insult. I admit that it is overpriced but I was hoping to get more information instead of an insult.

I doubt that you've ever done any comparison shopping, but these can be bought all day long on a popular auction site for maybe $60 - yours is undefined brand and low end being brass bolsters and damaged plastic scales. Good luck finding an idiot, but this is terribly overpriced

I like it but can't find the listing.
Ignore the dip-stick!

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was fast! I was going to make an offer...I hope you made money:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No 295 but has not paid yet I hope whoever bought it knows what they're looking at because I have no clue of it's true value I don't know if I priced it too low or priced it too high that's why put it for best offer I figured the market we determine the price thanks for all the help

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Good job. I think you were priced right where you should have been. That link I posted had similar knives mostly around three hundred so it makes sense. I really liked it too. Maybe I will come across one some day.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck listing it on Ebay.. They aren't allowed. If you sell it list it on gunbroker.com Very common style that's been around forever. I bought a case of 12 of them on gunbroker with blue handles for less than $100 a couple years ago. Not an exact match to yours but very similar and Italian made.
I don't know what the OP's knife is worth but here is an almost identical one to your 12 that is getting bids.
Vintage Rostfrei Italy Stiletto 5" Folded 9" Open Knife | eBay

cheech- I guess someone pm'd you or the mod's removed the comment? You did say you were going to list it for a crazy price so I don't see what their problem is.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful with this item...
They have been banned... They are illegal to buy... sell ... and ESPECIALLY possession of it anywhere...
and some states have strict laws on selling and purchasing these...
Shipping it to the wrong person in the wrong state ...over state lines can also make this a fed matter...

Selling or possessing this can lead to problems...

"In the USA, switchblades remain illegal to import from abroad or to purchase through interstate commerce since 1958 under the Switchblade Knife Act (15 U.S.C. §§1241-1245). However, a 2009 amendment (Amendment 1447) to 15 U.S.C. §1244 provides that the Act shall not apply to spring-assist or assisted-opening knives (i.e. knives with closure-biased springs that require physical force applied to the blade to assist in opening the knife ".

JFYI.
Years ago I bought one at a yard sale and found all this out after from a LEO ...
I snapped it in two parts and threw it in the trash.

IF you have this ON YOU... you are gonna get arrested... period.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful with this item...
They have been banned... They are illegal to buy... sell ... and ESPECIALLY possession of it anywhere...
and some states have strict laws on selling and purchasing these...
Shipping it to the wrong person in the wrong state ...over state lines can also make this a fed matter...

Selling or possessing this can lead to problems...

"In the USA, switchblades remain illegal to import from abroad or to purchase through interstate commerce since 1958 under the Switchblade Knife Act (15 U.S.C. §§1241-1245). However, a 2009 amendment (Amendment 1447) to 15 U.S.C. §1244 provides that the Act shall not apply to spring-assist or assisted-opening knives (i.e. knives with closure-biased springs that require physical force applied to the blade to assist in opening the knife ".

JFYI.
Years ago I bought one at a yard sale and found all this out after from a LEO ...
I snapped it in two parts and threw it in the trash.

IF you have this ON YOU... you are gonna get arrested... period.
Yes and no. Here's the skinny-

http://weaponlaws.wikidot.com/us-switchblade-laws

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread