My Sterling Garage Sale Find for Today

maxiebaby0914

Aug 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was lucky to have come across these sterling items. Not sure what they are used for but they stack up inside each other. The guy running the sale didn't know what they were for but he told me there were sterling and only wanted a $1 for them all! I was surprised they were still there since I arrived at the garage sale an hour after it opened. I guess it was luck. I weighed them when I got home and it's a little over 4 oz. total weight.
I was hoping someone can look at the pics of the hallmarks and let me know what the "year date" is? Also, what were these little trinket trays were supposed to be used for?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 131
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 137
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 137
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 140
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like others in your neck of the woods don't collect the silver. No competition is good, Congrats!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find! The look like coasters or small ash trays.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. They are from the 1980's. How big are they? Maybe nut/candy dishes.

I missed a silver goblet yesterday for $2. The lady that bought it tried to tell the seller that because it only said "sterling" and not "sterling silver" that it was not silver. That's the type of people we have around here. I called her on that lie in front of the seller. She still gave it to her for $2. At least the lady having the sale wasn't hurting for money, judging by the size and location of her house. I did manage a nice pile of vintage real and costume jewelry from her myself, including a pearl necklace with 14k clasp, a sterling Taxco bangle and a few sterling pendants among other things.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions