Mazer Bros. Sword Brooch

maxiebaby0914

Aug 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a brooch at a community flea market today. I don't usually look for costume jewelry but this brooch really caught my eye with all the different color jewels imbedded in it. I turned it over and noticed it was signed, however, it was too small for me to read. I purchased it for $5. It's signed "Mazer Bros." and there are no stones missing and the gold tone finish is in beautiful condition. I tried searching Ebay to see what the value is but I cannot seem to find a sword brooch made by them. If anyone knows what the value would be on this brooch, I would greatly appreciate your input. I think it was worth spending the 5 bucks. :icon_profileleft:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 92

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks pretty. Your pic is blurry though so hard to see detail. Does the back or pin post have any other markings?

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking piece. Hope you find what the worth is. That is the only reason to buy is if you like it.

OP
OP
M

maxiebaby0914

Aug 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks pretty. Your pic is blurry though so hard to see detail. Does the back or pin post have any other markings?

Here are a couple of pics of top and bottom of brooch. Hopefully they will show more details of design.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 84

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice costume piece!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434828630.899599.jpg

OP
OP
M

maxiebaby0914

Aug 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for the info! I tried looking for this brooch under "sold" on ebay but found nothing.
The lady who sold this to me said that her husband does "clean outs" and this came from a wealthy woman's estate. The flea market lady also had like ten Joan Rivers brooches for $25 each. This wealthy lady really liked costume brooches!
I figured it was probably worth more than five dollars but I never heard of Manzer Bros. and never thought a costume brooch could go over $100! Thanks again for info!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure how much but should do well.

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're welcome. Nice find and good eye picking it out. Always amazes me to see how much some costume jewelry sells for.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread