Oil Painting Help- feel free to chime in.

MAV1

Jul 18, 2010
Quantico, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Hey all
I found this a while back. Thought I would take the 5.00 gamble on it. Appears to be in oil but I can not make out a signature. I also can't tell if it's the Beatles or the Rolling Stones or a combination of both. LOL. By the way the painting measures 33" x 23"
Thank to all and thanks to TN for all the little bits of info you guys and gals provide on these forums

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Cool !

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I found Waldo. Seriously, if you look at the exposed navel in the figure on the left its another face which might be the artists mark. Also, there are at least 2 other faces hidden in the other figures. I would not say Stones or Beatles but similarities to Lennon and Jager. Art is supposed to stimulate feeling and thought which this painting does.

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kinda looks like it was painted by Leroy Neiman (after the Zombies got him).

gino22

Nov 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Danny Dent is the closest I can come up with... his paintings go for $$$ and yours will too, even if it's not one of his

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I found Waldo. Seriously, if you look at the exposed navel in the figure on the left its another face which might be the artists mark. Also, there are at least 2 other faces hidden in the other figures. I would not say Stones or Beatles but similarities to Lennon and Jager. Art is supposed to stimulate feeling and thought which this painting does.
Yes , Symbolism is everywhere . The guy with hands on shoulders could mean something ?

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
That's obviously George, Ringo and John in the back. Paul seems shocked; he just looked back at George! John, looking nonchalant, staring into the distance, just surprised Ringo with a digital prostate exam, resulting in an expression wholly inappropriate for the guy that married Barbara Bach.

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's obviously George, Ringo and John in the back. Paul seems shocked; he just looked back at George! John, looking nonchalant, staring into the distance, just surprised Ringo with a digital prostate exam, resulting in an expression wholly inappropriate for the guy that married Barbara Bach.
Do you see the side face , silhouette , to the left , center guy holding the shoulders ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
MAV1

MAV1

Jul 18, 2010
Quantico, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
You guys and gals have the eye for sure . Never noticed the other images. I have not taken It out of the frame as of yet, little afraid to mess it up. The back side is open stretched frame canvas. Thanks again for all the input. Just have to figure out if I sell it a asking price.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys and gals have the eye for sure . Never noticed the other images. I have not taken It out of the frame as of yet, little afraid to mess it up. The back side is open stretched frame canvas. Thanks again for all the input. Just have to figure out if I sell it a asking price.

I would have bought it. As far as selling, when I have an item and not sure of the value I always list it at a high price. I learned the hard way. I once sold a painting at a low price because I did not know what it was. I had just started selling and had no idea what I was doing. Painting did not cost but a couple of bucks but it was worth a lot more then what I sold it for.

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Do you see the side face , silhouette , to the left , center guy holding the shoulders ?

I don't see what you are talking about. It could be an intentional thing by the artist, or maybe you have a case of Pareidolia.

If Mav1 has the original, I'd pay $20 for a quality print. I believe Mav1, as the owner of the original, has a right to make as many prints as he can sell.
Whoops! I can buy one just by clicking on the image above. Now I have to put my money where my mouth is . . .

Last edited:

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an interesting painting. Could that be a signature in the upper left? ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1437353029.038532.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread