Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a bad find today for a few bucks

Found a vintage rossmoyne fire truck. A little banged up well but should get around $100 for it
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1437253422.380669.jpg

Also found a set of 3 books. And for $1 couldn't pass them up

Condition is pretty bad. But. A nice piece of history

The books are the Pennsylvania archives volumes 1 2 and 3

Printing date 1853.

The book is basically all the correspondence of the pa government in colonial times 1700

I haven't found these exact books on the web. So maybe rare? I have found digital copies but not hardbacks. Check out this cool map of ft duquense. And the first page of the book. Any one have any more info?

Thanks

Bob

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1437253646.805850.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1437253713.822526.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1437253737.172472.jpg

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great set of books. US history books especially pre 1860 are always a good buy.

OP
OP
Turbo21

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great set of books. US history books especially pre 1860 are always a good buy.

I have still been digging and can not find another hard copy any where. Are these possibly valuable??

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know what they would be worth. I can tell you that you have the first three volumes of a 12 volume set of the "first series". The Pennsylvania Archives are a 138 volume set of reference books compiling transcriptions of letters and early records relating to the colony and state of Pennsylvania. The volumes were published in nine different series between 1838 and 1935 by acts of the Pennsylvania legislature. Nearly all of the Pennsylvania archives are available to read online for free. The interest (value) in them would lie with a rare book collector, or maybe a historian. I don't think the audience would be too wide. The condition will affect the value. How much I don't know, depends on how many volumes were actually published. Sometimes the rarity of an item can override some of the condition issues. Also, rare doesn't always mean valuable either, especially when it comes to books. I have quite a few rare books. I bet if I listed them at auction on ebay for .99, that's probably what half of them would sell for. ebay isn't a really good place to sell books either in my experience. Amazon is the way to go I hear. No personal experience though.

Research Topics

OP
OP
Turbo21

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help. I read through most of the books and they are pretty boring. The only highlight is the ft Duquesne pull out map. I will just throw them on the shelf with some of the other goodies

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
If I still used a metal detector, I'd be awfully curious as to where Society Hill and Bud's Buildings once stood.
If the previous sentence makes no sense whatsoever, you didn't look at the pictures closely enough.

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
If I still used a metal detector, I'd be awfully curious as to where Society Hill and Bud's Buildings once stood.
Also the bark cabins for the soldiers, and the woods beyond the cornfield to the northwest. That's it, once you get past the cornfield, there's the woods and nothing else.
If the previous paragraph makes no sense whatsoever, you didn't look at the pictures closely enough.

OP
OP
Turbo21

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a good thought But ft Duquesne is basically the center of downtown Pittsburgh now. Nowhere to hunt that isn't paved over

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions