ANTIQUE VICTORIAN SOFA TABLE

S

stefen

Was foot hopping thru Craigslist last night and found an Antique Victorian Sofa Table for sale in the Village...

Been looking for years for one and it was just up the road a piece.

No phone number listed so I emailed a message (10 pm) that we were interested and needed dimensions...

The sellers emailed a reply within minutes and said I was in second position...and that a lady made an 11:30 am appointment for this morning...

I responded that I wanted a 10:00 am appointment and had been looking for a similiar table for our Victorian entry hall...

My heart dropped to my stomach when the seller said it was sold...if I'd read further, it was sold to me...They called the other person and gave them the bad news...

Pulled in front of their home at 10:00 am as the seller were hauling it out to my truck...

Come to find out I had hired the sellers husband to survey our property a few years back to set boundary lines, to set all new corners, and do a topography survey as well.

Name recognition...

It's solid Phillipino Mahogany with a book- matched top...not a scratch on it and polished to a mirror shine...

Probably four or five hundred in any antique store...got it for $50.00 cash

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread