Help Translating Note and/or Deciphering Artist Signature

SDIceMan

Nov 12, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all. I found a small portfolio of maybe half a dozen pieces of art tucked between some books on a shelf at an estate sale. I bought it because I think the pieces are kind of cool and funky, and grouped together in some frames they are going to look great on my wall. However, that being said, if they are worth anything, I'd love to know! They aren't old, because the dates on them range from 2009 to 2012. I am hoping the note I found in the portfolio might identify the artist, but it might not be related. There is a name on the bottom of the note, 'Uli Jaekel', but my eyes just don't see 'Jaekel' in the signature on the artwork. The note could have been written by someone else, maybe an agent, and included with the artwork, almost like a "Check out this artist named so and so who I represent and tell me what you think". Anyway, I've included a pic of the note, one of the pieces of art, and a close-up of the artist's signature as it appears in pen on the outside of the portfolio. Thanks in advance!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1494022477.117835.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1494022501.385970.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1494022536.806666.jpg

Last edited:

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is German. Writing is very difficult to decipher. Geburtstagsblume = Birthday flower. That is all I can do.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, geburtstagsblumen means birthday flower. Where any of the other pieces of something that looked like flowers? Or was this on the back of the art shown?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread