12 Tribes of Israel Gold(?) charms

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Stopped by Goodwill today and this was sitting on the counter for sale! I could not grab it quickly enough. I suspect these are at least gold filled, and it is a beautiful vintage piece. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1496095901.875096.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1496095921.960152.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1496095938.463035.jpg
The first picture shows the golden hue. The other picture look more gray or silver. The first is a truer color picture. The pins are wired down to the green background.

OP
OP
D

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Did some research and these were charms from a charm bracelet popular in the 50s. Turned over one of the charms and it is marked..."10K". $9.99 was a great price.

SDIceMan

Nov 12, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is unbelievable, Drmad7! I have to be honest, I immediately looked at your profile to make sure this didn't come from my local Goodwill! :D
Seems like a ballpark sale price of $170 PER charm is not out of the question. I can only find the Zebulun charm currently listed on eBay ($175 with multiple watchers), but I found the Dan charm sold previously for $169.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1496100950.572885.jpg

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!! Superb find. My goodwill would have probably just sold the board alone for $9.99

OP
OP
D

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Haha SDIceMan! I do the exact same thing when folks post stuff! This particular Goodwill takes the "good" jewelry and sends it to HQ for auction( Which I've never found any real gold listed on the site anymore). Since they couldn't see any markings, I guess they just thought it was just nice enough to get $10 for it! I saw an example online and the jeweler said each charm is between 4 and 6 grams! I might just remove them from the frame and list them as a group for $1800 or Best Offer.

SDIceMan

Nov 12, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that does that, and you won't hold it against me. :)

When I am fortunate enough to make a good find at Goodwill or see one of you folks make a great find, I always suspect it is just one employee in the sorting area not doing their job properly on that particular day. Maybe they're distracted or rushing, or in the case of my local Goodwill, maybe the noxious fumes pumped out by the wall-mounted air fresheners are finally getting to them, but at any rate, I am sure glad for those rare lapses in their judgment.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the very nice Gold score! :notworthy:

OP
OP
D

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Moderator...please move this thread to Thrift Stores. I just noticed it was in the wrong forum. Thanks!

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would have been locked in the glass case at my local goodwill with a $15,000 price tag. Excellent score.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Score!!! Awesome find

btripp6

Jul 6, 2015
Grovetown, GA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, XP MI-6 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweetheart of a deal there! Congrats!!

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on an amazing, gorgeous and valuable find!!! I would list them as a group as it would be a shame to separate them and you can probably ask even more as it is a complete set that would be very hard to find. If you can find out if they were actually made in Israel, then they would be worth even more.

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Superb find!

Finding one of those charms is a great day in my book. I'll get back to you when I figure out what to call this type of day..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread