Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree14Likes
  • 3 Post By Indian Steve
  • 3 Post By SCpicker
  • 1 Post By Indian Steve
  • 1 Post By Indian Steve
  • 6 Post By Indian Steve

Thread: Now I Have to Buy a Mercedes

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Now I Have to Buy a Mercedes

This morning I saw a post for an 18kt. Gold Men's Mercedes Ring for $60. I called and said that I would take it. The lady said that she had made a mistake in the price. It was supposed to be $200. I asked how much it weighed and she said 8 grams and it was a size 11. I asked what her best price was and she said $150, then $125. I went to meet them and hubby brought it out. It is marked 18kt 750 and when I dropped it on the scale, it weighed 13.3 grams. I asked for his best cash price and he said $100. SOLD! My wife thought it was a good buy until I told her that now I had to buy a Mercedes. I won't repeat her response!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0990.JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	178.3 KB 
ID:	1523741   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0992.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	1523742  

us
    Jan 2016
    96 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Did you acid test it? Nothing looks right about it.
    catherine1, mcb66 and CladSpends2 like this.

um
    Jul 2004
    South Florida Cesspool
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    7467 times
    That's a helluva deal if it's real! I'm looking for a gold ring myself for Christmas. Those marks look pretty wonky though. Hope it's real.

us
    Apr 2014
    Midwest
    713 times
    Thrift Stores/Ebay
    Sad to say...I am VERY familiar with those style rings. Get it acid tested. There are groups of people in my area approaching folks in parking lots saying they need gas money and will sell their ring cheap. My brother in law didnít trust the folks at $200, but gave $35 for one of the rings hoping it wasnít fake like he suspected. It was fake. Weighed about the same as yours. Those rings are all over OfferUp for low prices too. Hopefully we are wrong about yours.

It will get tested today. If not real, I will be visiting the seller.

Charter Member
    us
    Chronic Patriot/Metal Detecting,it`s My Lifestyle !

Jul 2010
    "Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territory of The Six Nations 1779 Montour Falls N.Y.
    XP Deus, T2 LTD Land or Sea Pointer Garrett Pointer Treasure Wise Diggers T10",T12" & T14" Lesche 28" Ground shark
    3945 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Steve hope yours is the real deal !
    Gary
    I`v been detecting for 48 years owned my own detector shop G.A.P. Metal Detectors here in N.Y.
    See my old adds in Western & Eastern Treasures and Lost Treasure Magazines through the 90s
    I hunt the Sullivan Trail here in N.Y.
    "Success is just Rented, Never Owned and the Rent is due Daily"
    "Its the Golden Rule who ever has the Gold Rules"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqdSl2jFjlE

us
    Jan 2016
    96 times
    You can acid test it but it will just confirm what we already know. No chance it's gold. I suggest you take some time and look at real pieces of gold. The difference between that ring and a real 18k ring is night and day. The craftsmanship, color, and hallmarks look nothing like the real deal. It doesn't even look plated. Probably shouldn't tell the wife unless you get your money back. Good luck.

Ya'll were right! Junk! I will let you know when I get the money back.
    DeepseekerADS likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Chronic Patriot/Metal Detecting,it`s My Lifestyle !

Jul 2010
    "Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territory of The Six Nations 1779 Montour Falls N.Y.
    XP Deus, T2 LTD Land or Sea Pointer Garrett Pointer Treasure Wise Diggers T10",T12" & T14" Lesche 28" Ground shark
    3945 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indian Steve View Post
    Ya'll were right! Junk! I will let you know when I get the money back.
    That sucks !
    I`v been detecting for 48 years owned my own detector shop G.A.P. Metal Detectors here in N.Y.
    See my old adds in Western & Eastern Treasures and Lost Treasure Magazines through the 90s
    I hunt the Sullivan Trail here in N.Y.
    "Success is just Rented, Never Owned and the Rent is due Daily"
    "Its the Golden Rule who ever has the Gold Rules"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqdSl2jFjlE

us
    Low & Slow 2C Below

Sep 2017
    Southwest Washington
    CTX 3030 w/ stock & 6” coils XP DEUS with 9” & 11” coils Garrett AT Pro with 4” Sniper & 5x8 Garret Carrot Whites DFX Tesoro Golden ĶMax, & YUP->Custom Waterscoop
    379 times
    Nice find nevertheless.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BA5AF557-32C7-4DFE-8F43-263E6D8F061D.jpeg 
Views:	33 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	1524095
    Wayne Gretzky: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

Your eyes are much better than mine. It was fake. I told my wife that it might be fake before it was tested. 36 years together, no need to lie. I have contacted the seller and expect repayment. Our first bad weather of the season is forecast for the next couple of days so probably won't get together until the first of the week. P.S. Wife was actually happy that I am not getting a Mercedes.
    Drmad7 likes this.

Shortly after I finished the 3 year restoration of my 1948 Indian Chief, I found a 1914 first year electric headlight for an Indian. It is one of the hardest to find parts for a 1914. I told my wife that because I had the hardest to find part, that I should start a 1914 Indian restoration. Her response was that I wouldn't live long enough to finish it. I asked what she meant by that. She said because she would KILL me. I sold the headlight.

Charter Member
    us
    The Hoover Boys

Feb 2008
    At your local thrift
    The Gravitator Electroscope, divining rods, random rocks that look neat that are actually treasure maps, meditation and a charming imagination.
    1226 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indian Steve View Post
    Shortly after I finished the 3 year restoration of my 1948 Indian Chief, I found a 1914 first year electric headlight for an Indian. It is one of the hardest to find parts for a 1914. I told my wife that because I had the hardest to find part, that I should start a 1914 Indian restoration. Her response was that I wouldn't live long enough to finish it. I asked what she meant by that. She said because she would KILL me. I sold the headlight.
    Best short story I have read in a long while, thanks for the laugh!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links