Large Garage Sale Jewelry Finds w/ Unique Pieces

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of this came from one sale this weekend and it was the last stop that I debated if I should attend or not!

I was the first guy in and made my day in the garage. It was stuff dreams are made of, if you dream about tools and vintage tube stereos and speakers.

After speaking with the family holding the sale, I was allowed into the house to look at a few more things, including more stereo gear and jewelry.

All of this came from 2 or 3 boxes. I ended up buying everything for a fair sum. It wasn't a steal but we both left happy

Total haul

14k. 55.6 grams

10k. 16.9. The ring alone is 11 and the pin has 4 diamonds set in it.

925. 45.5 grams. The leaf is marked Flora Danica

The pearl set is natural and are set with 14k clasps/studs

Attachments

• IMG_6118.JPG
    IMG_6118.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 207
  • IMG_6119.JPG
    IMG_6119.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 198
  • IMG_6120.JPG
    IMG_6120.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 157
  • IMG_6121.JPG
    IMG_6121.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 162
  • IMG_6122.JPG
    IMG_6122.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 148
OP
OP
B

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was curious about the little brooch by the rings/pin photo. It looks like the background is iridescent and I think it's a butterfly wing piece set in there. Is there a name for that sort of jewelry?

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Right on! That is a great haul! Anytime you can come home from a sale with 72grams of gold is great day! Good luck!

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s a nice haul! Our yard sale season here in CT is in a dead stop! It won’t be until March or April before it gets started. Depending on the rest of winter. So we’re going through withdrawals!! Keep up the great finds! ☠️

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was curious about the little brooch by the rings/pin photo. It looks like the background is iridescent and I think it's a butterfly wing piece set in there. Is there a name for that sort of jewelry?
I can't tell from pic, real good, if it's butterfly or not.

I have a pendent and earring set of butterfly wing jewelry (no painting or palm trees on mine). It has a card with it, that they were made by Bob and Ravi Natalini of Butterfly Art Works. They give a website address of ( w w w dot butterfly art works dot us, I see the link works, just wanted you to see actual address kinda sorta.....) Butterfly Artworks , (I wasn't sure if the link was good or not).

Their card stated they have been making this type jewelry for over 30 yrs, with the wings being gathered in S. America, AFTER the butterflies have died a natural death, or from butterfly farms. I've had the pieces for at least a decade now, so idk if these folks would still be in business or not.

We also have Butterfly Kingdom here in S. Fl., they probably sell butterfly jewelry, but, idk.......

Hope that may give you some info, Thanks for sharing with us!

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Show us your tubes! Recovering tube nut here. Sold most but still have a couple. Nothing better than stumbling across a dusty, old, worthless tube amp for a couple bucks! Yet to hit the McIntosh but spring approaches...

OP
OP
B

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Show us your tubes! Recovering tube nut here. Sold most but still have a couple. Nothing better than stumbling across a dusty, old, worthless tube amp for a couple bucks! Yet to hit the McIntosh but spring approaches...

The tubes were sent off to my brother to be tested. When i get them back, ill post some photos. During the first 20 minutes in the garage, i watched a guy pull a tube amp out from a cupboard next to the one i was searching:BangHead:

I was a bit annoyed but then i already had the pair of KLH model 6 speakers and JVC 4VR5154 receiver sitting in my pile so who knows how he was feeling lol. Vintage audio gear is relatively new to me and a little before my time. My girlfriends dad is a serious enthusiast about audio gear so i've learned a great deal from him and slowly gathered up pieces. Today i have quite a decent collection of rare items that i enjoy daily.

The JVC receiver i picked up on Saturday is already inside and sounds great. It will need a bit of servicing but nothing too serious. The speakers will need a complete rebuild but its somewhat easy and i love those sorts of projects

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread