One of my best finds last year.

SDIceMan

Nov 12, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reminder! I’ve got one in my garage that I bought to flip, and instead it’s just been sitting gathering dust. Time to get that bad boy listed with that kind of resale price. You’ve got me beat at the $3 initial investment though. I’m into mine for a whopping $5. Great score!

Last edited:

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, I remember playing that game. Unfortunately, my last contact with the game was at a beer party when I was around 20 yrs. old, and it got launched off a third floor balcony to the asphalt below.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never heard of the game. I guess I better face the fact that stuff made of plastic can be valuable now :icon_scratch:. I was born in the age of steel, but hey the age of plastic has had good hold on us better than half a century now. Thing is I've always cursed it as cheap no good plastic crap. Hated cars made with lots of plastic. Now that's pretty much all that's available unless you buy a classic.

Last edited:

HistoryTeacher

Mar 9, 2017
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never heard of the game. I guess I better face the fact that stuff made of plastic can be valuable now :icon_scratch:. I was born in the age of steel, but hey the age of plastic has had good hold on us better than half a century now. Thing is I've always cursed it as cheap no good plastic crap. Hated cars made with lots of plastic. Now that's pretty much all that's available unless you buy a classic.

You bring up a good point. What will be collectible and therefore valuable over the next 20-30 years? The generations who grew up with metal and wood toys are retiring and selling. The generations who grew up with plastic and cardboard are getting to the age of collecting. Vintage Lego is big money. What else will surprise us with its collectability? Nostalgia sells, but what items will invoke those feelings in the next generation of buyers. I don't have any answers, but I think about it a lot.

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Cool and thanks! Committed to memory.

SDIceMan

Nov 12, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you do find a Dark Tower board game, don’t let a non-working tower accessory deter you from purchasing it. I noticed dejapooh’s listing says that the tower accessory from his game wasn’t working - this issue is very common, even if the batteries haven’t leaked. It’s so common in fact, that there are websites and even multiple eBay listings specializing in ‘tower repair’. I sold a complete game with a nonfunctioning tower on Craigslist a couple of years ago, and I have another one now that I haven’t got around to testing yet, but as you can see from dejapooh’s listing, people are willing to spend good money, working or not.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the reminder! I’ve got one in my garage that I bought to flip, and instead it’s just been sitting gathering dust. Time to get that bad boy listed with that kind of resale price. You’ve got me beat at the $3 initial investment though. I’m into mine for a whopping $5. Great score!

Mine wasn't working. If yours works, Throw another bill on it...

OP
OP
D

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
If you do find a Dark Tower board game, don’t let a non-working tower accessory deter you from purchasing it. I noticed dejapooh’s listing says that the tower accessory from his game wasn’t working - this issue is very common, even if the batteries haven’t leaked. It’s so common in fact, that there are websites and even multiple eBay listings specializing in ‘tower repair’. I sold a complete game with a nonfunctioning tower on Craigslist a couple of years ago, and I have another one now that I haven’t got around to testing yet, but as you can see from dejapooh’s listing, people are willing to spend good money, working or not.

I saw a guy on Ebay. For $40, you can send him your nonworking tower, he will fix it and ship it back. The $40 included return shipping. I was debating getting it fixed. If my box were better, and I was sure I had all of the parts, I would have fixed it.

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other

I think that's why mine went over the balcony. Who knew?

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, ill add that to my BOLO list. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions