diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm only posting to get some thoughts on this thing. It appears to have some age to it. The back has some writing on it. A name, last name "Moore" but I can't make out the few letters above that, maybe "Tom". Then it says "The Debutante" and where it's ripped up at it says "original oil" and something illegible. The painting itself is an impasto oil on canvas and it looks like it is signed Glenna on the bottom right. It's small measuring only 7" x 9" in the frame.

IMG_2782 (1066x1280).jpg IMG_2776 (1280x930).jpg IMG_2780 (1156x1280).jpg IMG_2778 (1280x1098).jpg

goldenwonderbear

Feb 27, 2014
CA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it, but Expressionist painting is very near to me. My own way of doing things, also. I would not know how to research this except to start where you bought it and work outward. Surprising the number of good local painters (at least not too far from a large city) that have worked in this style and still do. Met a lady about 6 blocks up the street who had a studio in her home. She had three small paintings like this I would love to have bought, but she made it clear she would never sell them. I'm near San Diego and there are lots of artists here who are not gallery painters but who will take commissions. Good luck.............h

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great sense of color and nicely executed. Great frame too!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love the painting...nice score! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I though it read "Jenna". Cool painting.

goldenwonderbear

Feb 27, 2014
CA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, still curious if you have found out any more about this painting. It sticks in the mind. Good Luck.................h

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
That frame is killer; no idea about the painting but who would put junk in such an amazing frame. If your selling it then I would at least find out who it is from. first, you go putting that on ebay then send me the link please.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, still curious if you have found out any more about this painting. It sticks in the mind. Good Luck.................h
Nope, Nothing.

That frame is killer; no idea about the painting but who would put junk in such an amazing frame. If your selling it then I would at least find out who it is from. first, you go putting that on ebay then send me the link please.
I'd like to sell it but I have no idea of a start price. Several people have showed interest, so That's a good thing.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Those people show interest in the painting or the frame.

No idea where you could find information on the picture at; really the best folks on here I know of for IDing stuff is you and DC Matt.

I had to enlarge the pic on my end just to see it, then cleared it up some thinking it would help me. So going through that instead of chucking the pic I will attach it, just in case anyone can see what it is. Then maybe you can get on to pricing this, I already have a picture picked out for that frame. LOL

1.png

goldenwonderbear

Feb 27, 2014
CA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If someone loves the frame and you list it on E bay, please list the painting also and send me the auction number. I have the feeling it grows on you enough you will keep it............h

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread