Battery holder a great problem.

Lizard-Prince

Jun 5, 2008
Bayamon P.R.
Detector(s) used
DFX,BH ID,5000s2,AT Max,MX Sport,Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was looking for a post on this subject but could not find it,so I felt I should mention my problems with the plastic holder for my GTI 2500.I find that the plastic is to weak to withstand the presure the AA batterys make on it.I tryed consultting various places here in the island of finding holders made of metal compleatly maybe of stainless steal to block salt corrotion.My searching made me call Garrett factory the idea of a metal holder was explained to me of having it drawbacks into the funtionability of the machine a stronger plastic holder was suggested to me they are working on this problem.I was going to be send another pair free of charge but I feel sorry for them as this drawback will make them have many users forced to buy this holders that can't stand a few months use.How many of us out there have this problem and can have any ideas up your sleaves. :icon_scratch:

Buffalo Hunter

Feb 14, 2007
WV
I have the 1500 and have had the same trouble, like you said they mailed me a set free of charge,but I wonder how long until I have the same trouble all over again.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I use a charger for the Infinium, and just hook up my batteries in series for a charge. That way I don't have to remove them from the battery holder and the last longer.

OP
OP
Lizard-Prince

Lizard-Prince

Jun 5, 2008
Bayamon P.R.
Detector(s) used
DFX,BH ID,5000s2,AT Max,MX Sport,Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
John-Edmonton said:
I use a charger for the Infinium, and just hook up my batteries in series for a charge. That way I don't have to remove them from the battery holder and the last longer.
I wish I could say the same I have had drawbacks on the AA rechargables and since I have to use alkalines and all my 6 detectors depends on these I only use charged packs on my DFX and V3 and slip in reserves for them as well. Thanks anyway on your sugestion :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread