just bought a scorcher coil ...does it....

Des from down under

Jun 26, 2009
taupo
Detector(s) used
garett 1500 gti and T2 ltd, garrett propointer
good morning from n/z, I just received my propointer and scorcher coil for my gti 1500..would anyone mind giving me advise on trashy areas for what i bought it for ...do you put the scorcher on prior to the hunt or sort of go over the area in question for a quick search and then fit the scorcher for a more precise hunt...sounds a dumb question on reading it back!!! also i guess it wouldnt have the depth reach of the standard coil that came with ....would it ???? thanks guys...des

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It comes down to how many targets will you get under the coil at one time on the first search. The standard coil gets deeper and will get more trash under the coil at one time. Personally I would start with the larger coil and if to many beeps in a short sweep I would change over to the sniper to cherry pick the better ones. Hope this helps.

Sunray has a inline probe for the Garrett and most other detectors that is only an inch in dia for extreme cherry picking pinpointing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread