One Darn Fantastic Relic Hunt With Two Hunters Using The GTI Models

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
<center>
mcdonalds.jpg

My buddy and I headed out for a relic hunt today. The temperature was at the freezing mark when we headed out. Of course, first stop was rotten ronnies for some good breakfast.

The toy special for this month is a free Garrett PRO-POINTER with the purchase of a big breakfast and a large beverage. Just my lucky day I guess? ;)

woodsdetectors.jpg

Here's the kind of place we hunted. The sports fields are all but frozen, so the only places left to hunt are in the woods, where the soil is fry and easy to push a digger into. To have no snow this far in November is a blessing, not to mention above freezing temperatures during the day. :)

nashshoes.jpg

First stop, a dump dig, where some interesting old finds showed up. Lots of bones, some old shoes, old bottles etc. including this cool hubcap, for a NASH Automobile.

Nash Motors was an automobile manufacturer based in Kenosha, Wisconsin, in the United States from 1916 to 1938. From 1938 to 1954, Nash was the automotive division of the Nash-Kelvinator Corporation. Nash production continued from 1954 to 1957 after the creation of American Motors Corporation.

modeltford.jpg

Here's my biggest find ever, with a metal detector. It could be a 19?? Nash, or Ford, or Chev or Chrysler....who knows. A super find nevertheless!

chainthimlebottle.jpg

I got an iffy signal, and after cutting a plug, I got a NITRO. I figured for sure that I dug a gold chain. After I cleaned it up, it just didn't have the weight to be gold. I also got a thimble nearby and a small bottle. Lots of interesting signals around this neck of the woods, and pun intended!

allfinds.jpg

Here's a pic of all the somewhat decent finds, with a imaging size of "B" to "D" and iron knocked out.

coinsandthimble.jpg

I was quite surprised to get some foreign coins along with some usual clad. My buddy got the 1908 fishscale, I got the rest.

Below are the bottles and beautiful heart, 1/2 locket piece with an angel on it that showed up during the hunt. Hope the great weather continues. :)

Attachments

• bottles heart.jpg
    bottles heart.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 251

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread