depth multiplier information request

can a bloodhound depth multiplier mounted on a master hunter cxII works inside a whole 2 meters deep

• does the mineralisation of the soil (the walls of the whole) produces a signal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • a target produces the signal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

eliehayek

Jan 2, 2006
HELLO

IF ANYONE CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME INFORMATION AND ADVICE ABOUT THE BLOODHOUND DEPTH MULTIPLIER MOUNTED ON A GRAND MASTER HUNTER CXII:

DOES IT WORKS IN A WHOLE 2 METERS DEEP AND 1.5 METERS CIRCONFERENCE?

DOES THE GROUND EFFECT (THE WALLS OF THE WHOLE) PRODUCES A SIGNAL ?

WHAT CAN I DO TO BE SURE ABOUT THE SOURCE OF THE SIGNAL (THE GROUND EFFECT OR A TARGET) ?

PLZ IF ANYONE CAN GIVE ME THESE INFORMATION, I WOULD BE GRATEFUL.

THANKS

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will probably need to contact Garrett direct to get answers to your questions. I know about the unit but never have seen or used one. Garrett has a really good technical staff and will answer your questions in a timelly manner. Monty

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
try here:
http://www.garrett.com/hobby/techsupport/prodmanuals.asp
click on "Grand Master Hunter CX III " - use Adobe Portable Reader or Acrobat (free from Adobe)
see Searchcoils paragraph and 'Cache and Relic Hunting' in particular.

I don't think you'll find this a very useful below actual ground detector, as in the actual dug hole - if that is what you are asking.
These two boxes are supposedly able to pickup a gallon sized can at about 5-6 feet. However an 18" iron box can give a signal 3 feet to either side of box's edge or so says the literature on the site above for my two box detector. The loudest signal means right over target.

You can locate the target, dig the hole, and switch to a regular coil to pinpoint once in the hole. Unless you have a crator the size of a pond, I don't see how you could use in a narrow hole. Maybe Garrett can tell you.

You can hold coil 4-5" above the surface to eliminate trash and small surface targets. Coal cinders will give a signal. You have to experiment with this thing. I buried a gallon can at 3-4 ft. to test response of machine. It's trial and error unless you have lots of experience using a two box detector. Is there an easy way - none that I know of...

good luck! HH!

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I do own one since 1 day but don't have much knolige of it either but most things are with in the manual.
(ie how to use it etc)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread