Land of the Cheese Steak
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado, White's Spectrum XLT

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the price is cheap enough and it works, go for it. The beach is a big place and the Garrett will be ok in the dry sand, but forget using in in the damp or wet sand unless you turn down the sens some. There are lots of better detectors we use for the beaches only when you want to get into the wet sand. But the 1250 will do well in the dry.

http://www.nmhra.netfirms.com/pulltab/

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id say buy an ace 250 its lighter uses less batteries and works well at parks and beaches ive used one in both areas and the Ace is a great machine. It likes foil nickels and pull tabs wich equals Gold.

OP
OP
paul1410

paul1410

Feb 6, 2007
Land of the Cheese Steak
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado, White's Spectrum XLT
Hey guys, thanks for the replies.
I have a capable machine for the dry sand. This machine, as well as many others, has a toggle switch specifically for wet sand. I guess what I'm really asking is how well this feature works.

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005
paul1410 said:
Hey guys, thanks for the replies.
I have a capable machine for the dry sand. This machine, as well as many others, has a toggle switch specifically for wet sand. I guess what I'm really asking is how well this feature works.

I had a 1250 a few years ago. It worked ok as a general use detector for parks and school yards, finding many coins and very little jewelry. The salt elimination feature is pretty much useless on a wet ocean beach. Like many other VLF single frequency detectors operating in salt water drives it completely nuts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread