So....How Cold Was It Today????? It Was So...

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
aHUNT.jpg

Woke up this morning for the third time. Finally some light outside and frost on the bedroom window. Should I or shouldn't go hunting today? The answer was YES! It was cold enough to freeze the nuts off a brass monkey (I ain't kidding, Google it)! But, my usual cut off for hunting is -15C + a deep desire to hunt, which was the case today. It's been about 2 weeks since I last hunted.....way too long!

BHUNT.jpg
I headed to one of my many favorite snow hills, and did a couple trips up and down the hill. The snow was anywhere from 4-5" to12", depending on the whether the snow was packed of not. I took the Scorpion Snow Stinger as my weapon of mass trash reduction today. I tucked a hot pack under the housing, slipped a wool sock on it then covered it with the camo cover. Worked like a charm.

I thought I was the only nut case on the hill, but I was joined by others too.

CHUNT.jpg

Well my Snow Stinger lasted longer then I did. I was getting small icicles on my mustache and beard.....a logical explanation that some warm temperatures are needed soon. I headed out to one of my favorite hamburg places "HARVEY'S" and had a couple of grilled burgers and onion rings. A darn good meal it was.

And I was surprised to get as much loot as I did. Check it out below.

Attachments

• D HUNT FINDS.jpg
    D HUNT FINDS.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 231

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice frozen finds :icon_thumleft:.what kinda coins are the ones that look two tone silver with gold or bronze center with the bear on them those look cool .

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You gotta be keen hey John. You should be here in Canberra Australia where we are enjoying a COOL 39 degrees C (102.2 degrees F) bush fires everywhere and we are not into the hot part of summer yet.
Have a great Christmas.

Cheers,
Adrian SS

outdoors

Jun 23, 2008
el cajon, california
Detector(s) used
GTI2500, GTAX550, MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO,
PROPOINTER, GARRETT AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have to say john you are one hard core treasure hunter, it shows that you
have this hobby in your blood to keep you going strong, or is it that little voice in your
head that says get up and get out there... :director:
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread