This Place Was Real Coin Bonanza!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Been plugging away at this sports field during the last three days, with three interruptions of thunder storms. I managed a good 4 more hours today and really found a hot spot literally loaded with coins. It happened to be in the inside of a track. I still have a large portion to finish off. Surprised a ring hasn't showed up yet? Maybe tomorrow......

Attachments

• ssaf.jpg
    ssaf.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 346
OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
cg1973 said:
what setting you mainly use finding canadian coins

im in ontario myself.

I run it in auto mode, all metal. When I get a signal, I flip the toggle switch to disc in the default position, and if the signal is strong I consider digging it, based on how the signal disappears when pulling the coil back away from the target in all metal mode. I always pinpoint off the toe of the coil.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There was a lot of effort in digging those coins. Hope they weren't too awful deep.

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Smudge said:
There was a lot of effort in digging those coins. Hope they weren't too awful deep.

In sports fields, I don't dig signals that are more then 2-3" deep. Drops just don't get that deep. I don't use my digger, mostly just my ProPointer and a screwdriver. I pop them out as quick as I can then move on to the next signal.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
John-Edmonton said:
Smudge said:

In sports fields, I don't dig signals that are more then 2-3" deep. Drops just don't get that deep. I don't use my digger, mostly just my ProPointer and a screwdriver. I pop them out as quick as I can then move on to the next signal.

Nice system. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread