Awsome Fall Hunt Gets Rings And Silver Coins.....(lot of pics)

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
falla.jpg

Ah yes....finally a day off. :) My buddy & I went to Rotten Ronnies for breakfast, then headed for an area which has both an old beach and an old picnic grounds. Nice weather too....a bit of a wind, but still mild for this time of year.

fallb.jpg

On the way, we saw this old home...I can't help but wonder what kind of surprises could lurk either in the house, or in the ground ???? Maybe save it for another day.......

fallc.jpg

First challenge of the day.....a water hunt in a most hunted out area. I spent about 2 1/2 hours hunting both the water and land. Managed to get a little loot and a couple of rings. My Infinium with the large 10 x 14 mono coil gets pretty good depth...sometimes just too much!

falld.jpg

Next challenge was the old picnic grounds. Had a break for some Cola and junk food on this old rotten table with moss growing on it. I usually take two machines with me when hunting in the woods, as the undergrowth can get very thick, in fact so thick that the stock coil just is too big to hunt it. So, I usually take a second light machine, the ACE 150 in this case with the 4 1/2" sniper coil on it. I run it full sensitivity in coins mode and dig all signals. I did get two of the total coins with it.

falle.jpg

Here's my buddy searching a small clearing in the woods using his GTI 1500. We found at least a coin in most areas we searched. The oldest I could do was a 1942 penny.

fallf.jpg

My finds shown with the junk. A nice ratio of junk to good targets.

fallg.jpg

Here's the best finds of the day. A nice gold or copper (probably copper) ring that had been in the water a very long time, an old toe ring which hasn't got much mass to it and a couple of silver dimes found in the old picnic area. I gave the rings a little work-over with some polish to get a little more life into them. My coin total was 20, valued at $0.97. Much much less then one would find in a sports field.

Fall is my favorite time to relic hunt. The bugs are gone, the heat is gone and the autumn smells in the woods are a reminder of what is just around the corner......​

Attachments

• fall last.jpg
    fall last.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 200

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the photos. I always like to see the environment others MDer's work in.

I think Winter is on its way in your neck of the woods. Old Farmer's Almanac is saying New England is going to have a pretty rough winter.

Us lightweights down here in the Southeast should pretty mild one. :hello2:

Thanks for sharing your finds! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread