First time - Garrett Freedom 1 Coin Commander recommended?

dmcjedi

Oct 14, 2010
Vancouver WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Coin Commander

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
If it works....buy it. You can sell it for more then that on the forums.

drplaztics

Mar 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350, Tesoro Cutlass II uMax
If there isn't any apparent damage to it then it is worth very close to twice that amount of money.
This is an excellent detector for someone new to the hobby to buy and start out with. I sent
a very similar detector (Freedom Ace Coin Commander) into Garrett Electronics in the summer
of 2009 and they re-tuned/recalibrated it. If I were you I'd buy it, and spend some money on
a $130 Garrett Pro-Pointer or a cheap $40 Automax pin-pointer and start out your metal detecting
hobby right.

Someone bought a similar model on fee-bay (I think it was a Freedom Ace Plus) for around
$100 in the last couple of weeks and it had A CRACKED COIL. One of the most expensive
components on a detector. The detector you see in the thrift shop should be worth every
penny of $49.

OP
OP
D

dmcjedi

Oct 14, 2010
Vancouver WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Coin Commander
Thanks for the input. I bought it today, works like new and no signs of wear. I'll read the manual and go and find an old yard somewhere to start out. DMC

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
You got a darn good deal ... You won't go wrong with the coin commander......... I had the freedom 2 coin commander ..... I lent it out and when i got it back it was all beat up had the wires inside broke coil cracked............. Never lend your detector out ............... I lent mine to a family member and it came back like that................ Then i upgraded to a Garrett GTI 1500 ............. But that coin commander is a good detector...

Attachments

• zhaodpnet_02.gif
    zhaodpnet_02.gif
    182.5 KB · Views: 577
  • zhaodpnet_02.gif
    zhaodpnet_02.gif
    182.5 KB · Views: 472

drplaztics

Mar 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350, Tesoro Cutlass II uMax
One more thing I forgot to tell you but you might already know, if you don't have an OWNER'S MANUAL
then you can print off a copy from the Garrett website. Go to Garrett.com, click in Hobby Section, and
then on the left side of the screen if should say Technical/Warranty. I believe the owner's manuals
are in that section.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions