The Garrett "GTIS GUYS" Did Another Tuesday Relic Hunt Today

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
The Garrett "GTI'S GUYS" Did Another Tuesday Relic Hunt Today

woodsvalley.jpg

What a fantastic day! I can't believe that we are starting the second week in November, and there is no snow, the daytime temperatures are above freezing and we have no snow. Some past years we have has temperatures in the -30's with a lot of snow. Here is the terrain we hunted today......

Image4.jpg

After several hours of climbing terrain, fighting off brambles and thick bushes, this is my take for the day.

foreigntokens3.jpg

I dug up this assortment of foreign coins and commemorative tokens in a nearby field, beside some bushes. It's kind of a strange mixture of finds that someone lost.

thimble.jpg

That bullet looking object on the left is what I believe to be the top of a cylindrical container for a cigar. Any other ideas? Also got a small thimble, a tube of lipstick with "PONDS LIPS" stamped on the end. What would a relic hunt be without those nasty tokens. We find the everywhere around here.

Sivercoins.jpg

Each of us found a silver dime. My buddy found the one on the left. The date had completely worn off on the obverse side. I managed a 1951 silver dime. After several hours of battling the brambles, old trails and thick brush, we ended up at an open area over looking the valley and Edmonton Sky-line. It was about 5 pm, the sun was setting and the temperatures were starting to get a little nasty. We both grabbed our cameras and got some beautiful photos of the Edmonton Skyline with a sunset behind it.

What a great hobby!​

Attachments

• Image7.jpg
    Image7.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 227
OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Re: The Garrett "GTI'S GUYS" Did Another Tuesday Relic Hunt Today

The Mystery Is Solved......That Bullet Looking Thingy Is The Top Of A Lighter

Attachments

• vintlighter.jpg
    vintlighter.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 213

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Interesting finds.

But "Centerfold Peeps" tokens?

Why would anybody pay money to look at baby chicks?? ;D

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great Finds like normal John.

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030

great finds, good ta hear that the GTI's are kickin butt :icon_thumleft: are you using the stock coil? i'm thinking of getting a 5x10 DD for mine but hate ta loose the imaging when i hunt, i'd only use this coil for trashy areas that also have alot of hot rocks so it wouldn't replace the imaging coil.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great hunt, John!

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used

dogpound said:
great finds, good ta hear that the GTI's are kickin butt :icon_thumleft: are you using the stock coil? i'm thinking of getting a 5x10 DD for mine but hate ta loose the imaging when i hunt, i'd only use this coil for trashy areas that also have alot of hot rocks so it wouldn't replace the imaging coil.

I am using the black stock imaging coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread