Lots Of Great Talent On This Forum..."WHAT DO/DID YOU DO FOR A LIVING?????"

favored papa

Oct 6, 2009
mountain home Idaho
Detector(s) used
ace 250 dfx
Re: Lots Of Great Talent On This Forum..."WHAT DO/DID YOU DO FOR A LIVING?????"

farm hand at age 12, fast food worker through school, USMC 2 years, 33 years in housing construction, first as a drywall and paint contractor then as a general contractor building homes. With the housing crash I spent most of the last 2 years just walking aimlessly around parks wishing I had work fallowing an ace 250 coil. WIFE OF 33 years likes to fallow and dig coins, 3 grate kids and 3 grand kids.

God has been very god to Me. HH

dazoff

Aug 7, 2007
Lower Mainland Vancouver,BC
Detector(s) used
To many to say

Started working in the corrugated paperboard industry, did that for 6 years then moved on to Specialty Chemical manufacturing for 30.6 years.
Now retired and hope to have the next 30 years to do anything I want.
:thumbsup:

DetectorOCD

Sep 22, 2010
Dallastown, PA
Detector(s) used
TESORO!

I am a Sr. Systems Administrator in the aerospace industry :) :headbang:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I troubleshot and installed automation/robotic systems in the auto industry for about 30 years. Today, I can't stand loud noises or loud environments. But, slap on the headphones and it's all good, even those loud tones. :thumbsup:

Happy Harry

Feb 15, 2008
San Mateo County California
Detector(s) used
ACE250,Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

USMCR-6 1/2 yrs during that time Railroad Switchman, Bill Collector and Credit MGR. 1976 Started in the insurance business as an agent. 35 years later I am still an insurance agent/broker. Not looking to retire any time soon. I mostly coin shoot local parks and private property when I get permission. HHHH

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Worm wrangler, my own worm farm, paper boy, rifle instructor, solderer for stained glass lamp manufacturer, stained glass and etched glass owner, bartender, sold and installed windmills, framed houses, roofing siding decks, hosted a fresh and saltwater TV show, semi professional rugby player - flanker #7 played one game to many. Inventor. My father said if you can shovel --deleted-- for a dollar more an hour, shovel --deleted--... I think he was referring to mucking the barn but I never did ask him and he never paid me to muck the barn. To this day I still have my glass business and I bartend in the summer. I started metal detecting in 2005 and wish I would have started as a young boy, what a hobby. I have been a bottle digger since 1968. Arty

Attachments

• 2001.jpg
    2001.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,642
  • Peacock Thousand Summers Estate 1981.jpg
    Peacock Thousand Summers Estate 1981.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 1,618
  • 2011 Mummers Parade Wife and I.jpg
    2011 Mummers Parade Wife and I.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 1,643
  • Wind Energy 1984.jpg
    Wind Energy 1984.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,625
  • Westfield Match Master Class 1st Place 1972.jpg
    Westfield Match Master Class 1st Place 1972.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 1,631

Coinzapper

Dec 7, 2008
Lansford. PA.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 Modified, Tesoro Tejon. Garrett 1500, Fisher CoinStrike, Tek G2, tek omega.

I went to school for industrial electronics at technical Career Institute! But became an EMS health care provider! Was working when the World Trade Center got attacked. But not anymore. Still suffer PTS!

anishnabe

Greenie
Oct 27, 2009
plainwell michigan
Detector(s) used
ace garret 250

paint and body tech. at a collision shop for semi trucks and heavy equipment and I absolutely love it. "find a job you like to do and you'll never work another day in you life".

goldringer5

Mar 5, 2007

1967 - 1985 Commercial HVAC and commercial refrigeration service Tec. 1985 -1994 Owner operator of a Commercial Refrigeration company. 1994 thru 2002, Satellite dish installer and wireless internet installer. 2002 widowed, met a wonderful woman in 03, we are married and happy. 2003 - 2008 tella -communications work 2009 - 20011 the culligan repair and installation guy, 2010 I missed a lot of work due to on the job injuries, the end of 2010 I had back surgery, won’t be able to return to work.

Been metal detecting from 2000 on and off, best hobbies there is for me.

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am Retired / Disabled now, but was an Engineer for 30 some odd years. First Trained as and in Explosives , designed and had drilled and then I loaded Blast shots in Mines out west, then went Offshore and worked for the oil company's for about 10 years , also worked for them out west in oil/ gas / and oil shale deposits .
Self employed some after that then was asked to go to work for a Plastic Blow mold and Injection molding and Toy company for most of the rest of the time. Designed / and modified molds and was head of Engineering .
While doing that I was nearly killed in a Auto wreck by a Drunk driver.
Lost almost everything had worked for because of that , my Wife left and I had and have a head injury so had to learn to deal with that.
I live with my Son now who is in the Army and the rank of E-7 , we live at Fort Knox and are getting ready to transfer to Alaska in a few months.

Was into Metal detecting for quite awhile in the early 80's , and I am going back into this hobby full strength now and I am very excited about this.
Been setting around doing nothing in till my Son said one day, Dad why don't you get back in to Metal Detecting ? And I could not believe I had not thought of that!
Anyway I like to help others if I can and will try to be a part of this site .
And look forward to meeting some of you it the chance comes up.

Oh, and when you see words spelled backwards on a post you will know why, it drives the spell checkers on the forum mad , I do not know how may post I have had over the years with people telling me I did it wrong lol . :)

stikes

Tenderfoot
Dec 9, 2010
Detector(s) used
ace 250

i am a paver operator. long hot hours during the summer months and laid off in the winter months here in Pa. job takes me all over the county(ies) so i always got my eye open for new sites to detect.

Boomdeyada

Dec 2, 2010
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000

Rancher and I show horses at horse shows.

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab

Retired US ARMY and loving it. Joined the Army in Feb 1966 retired Nov 1989 Cabinet maker in a family owned business during High School and after retiring from the military for 6 years. Got my first detector in 1965.

Sackett

Feb 20, 2011
Greenwood, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 500 (need a new/better one)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Started out of High School as a diesel mechanic, then drove trucks until I turned 21, Then went to my life's calling, Law Enforcement, Worked 8 years in North Carolina, where I was also an Instructor for the North Carolina Basic Law Enforcement Training and The National Park Service Law Enforcement Training, worked part-time at a Ski Slope for the Ski Patrol, then moved to South Carolina worked at the Greenwood Police Dept. where I retired as a Lieutenant, after getting injured...but what a life....I've lived the dream,,,what a rush it is to live on Adrenalin...Now I gold prospect a little, metal detect a little, deer hunt alot...lol

Rob 183

Jul 22, 2009
Hamilton, OH.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Police Officer (that is looking forward to retirement in a few years).

Rob

Sackett

Feb 20, 2011
Greenwood, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 500 (need a new/better one)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rob said:
Police Officer (that is looking forward to retirement in a few years).

Rob

Rob, be careful out there...man it's crazy dangerous this year....More police getting killed than normal, and normal is one every 52 hours!!! Think about and pray for ya'll everyday!!

gambler13

May 27, 2010
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Xterra 705

Worked making truck trailers for Budd trailers until they closed in our area then went to work at Three Mile Island until I was involved in an electrical accident while assisting at an auto accident and contacting high voltage power lines. Resulted in amputation of arm with severe impairment to remaining extremity. Went back to work a couple years later for 1 year then was forced to take retirement disability. Been looking for a hobby I could do for years and was introduced to this hobby last year and enjoy it for a leisure outdoor and thrilling hobby.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other

Lint farmer, many many years. Now I am a full time metal detector dude, and I dabble in used nails and such. John, I love you man.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey Rob, retirement from the PD has done wonders for me. I've worked harder here at home and tease my wife that I need to go back to policeing to get some rest! But when you do retire you will have a great hobby in metal detecting to fill your vacant time. Are you getting close? You will miss your friends but you won't miss "it". Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread